Nikon Scope issues.

That really sucks when things lime that happen. I have never had the poi shift like that with power setting. So far I have had great luck with my Nikon's funny because I switched to them after having a problem with a leupold. Same situation I changed cause I didn'thave confidence in that scope anymore. I have since bought the same scope you have. I prefer that to my Nikon for long range as the retical is very fine. But the light gathering goes to my Nikon. Hopefully you have good luck with it.

well this last year I put my Nikon monarch3 bdc on my encore. did a 50 yd zero. took the values from the spot on software and put them to the test. at 100 yds it shot moa groups, with field swabbing after 4 shots. the group was less than .5 moa off center. and 1 moa off center at 150. using 150 g sabot with 100g powder. so far so good. for now its on my ar but will be going back to the encore. going to order a vortex hst 4-16 for ar. anyway no probs with the Nikon yet. but time will tell.

I've never had an issue with any of my Nikon's however I know that when you change the power setting the zero changes. I'm thinking about getting a swfa ss 10x42. I figure a fixed 10x will be better than the lower end variable power. If I could afford a nightforce I'd jump on one for sure.

Sorry to hear about your Nikon

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.