Traditions Evolution issues

Backcountry

Hey guys, long story short, I was in bi mart the other day and saw they had a few muzzleloaders on the shelf, checked them out and went ahead and purchased a evolution. I got it home and was messing around with it and slipped a #11 primer on the nipple and it was just sloppy. Called traditions and they recommended that I used european #11 primers cause thats what the nipple were speced for and they should fit snug. This did not work. Called them back and they sent a new #11 nipple and it was the same story, #11 primers were just sloppy loose on the nipples. So I went and picked up some 209 primers, musket caps, just to see how these worked out and the only primers that actually fit decently is the musket caps, the 209 primers just fall out of the 209 nipple as well. I dont know what to think of this. Anybody else have any issues with these muzzleloaders? What did you do to fix it? Thanks for any help.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts