Nikon Prostaff 5 w/ XR Turret... Info??

megastink

Does anyone have a Nikon Prostaff 5 scope? With an XR turret? How does it perform. What does the turret cost???

I have a Savage .270 I'm looking for glass for. Most shots are under 100. Thanks!

I did a little checking and the closest date I can get for you is Sept/Oct 2013. I'm looking forward to getting one for myself as well. There is no additional charge for getting a Custom Turret for this scope I believe.

I have one but have yet to order the custom turrents(still working up the load) the scope itself seems nice. I don't know if the non xr scopes have it but this one has the high profile external turrents so you can adjust them for range and wind without having to worry about losing your caps. Also have a zero on turrents so you can set them back to the right place. Happy with the scope for the price I paid.

Good news , the PROSTAFF 5/MONARCH 3 with Custom XR Turret's are available. You should start seeing them in decent quanities at Nikon Dealers. Remember to get as accurate infor mation as you can when send the info in for your turret. Try to get the MV from a chrono instead of what is writtern on the box. Measuring correct scope height from mid barrel to mid scope is a big deal as well.
Drop me a note if you have any question's.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.