Nikon Prostaff XR 3.5-14x40

Elite Muzzleloader

Recently picked up one of these and at first I was a little frustrated with the tracking only because I didn't have all the correct information to put into the Strelok App. So today I wanted to do a tracking test and I'm very happy with the results and my confidence has been restored.

If your looking for a less expensive scope that works. This works. The gun is a 45 smokeless muzzleloader shooting a 250 grain bullet at 2760 fps.

Wow, I would absolutelyt say so that it does work! Very impressive! I have used the PROSTAFF 5 beofre and was quite pleased with the optical quality and the BDC reticle. Just for fun, check out Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program, you can enter all your black powder shooting data in there and see how the nummbers match up. Nice shooting!

Thanks for the tip I've used the Nikon Spot On app which I still have and I've got the Strelok Pro app also. I did take it to 400 yards and the Hornady 250 FTX was only an inch low and centered just perfect for 400 yards. Very impressed how well it worked. I shot some Parker Ballistic Extremes 275 grain and the BC was off. I had .250 in and it needs to be .235 or .230. I'll check again on another day. The groups were not great but it did show allot of promise.

I will look at the Nikon app again. Thanks for the top again.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.