Nikon p-223 scope

Alaska, Funny, I just finished chatting with a guy in Ca. about this same scope. I have easily 1000+ rounds under this scope. I have let dozen's of guys try it out who also liked it. Funny thing, hitting soda can's at 500 yards will make a believer out of someone. The P-223 3-9 BDC 600 Scope lets you dial in the accuracy even more with Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program. Just so you know, I do freelance work for Nikon but I have been using their BDC reticle scopes since they came out and long before Spot On increased their accuracy considerably.

Hard to beat all the features you get with this scope for the price. Excellent clarity and toughness as well. There's also a P-223 4-12 now too. I use the Nikon M-223 AR Mount because I like the 1 piece solid lock-up that it provides.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/P-223 3-9/p-2233-9.jpg

To use the turrent designed for 55gr at 3240 fps......can I order a custom turrent for the 62gr from Nikon

I noticed the p 223 in 3x9 is not on the List on their website

Why is the 3x9 P223 not on Spot On?

P-223 is in Spot On, it is right below the Omega Scope and right above the P-300 BLK Scope.

Let me know if I can help you out any others ways Alaska.

Found p223 3x9 on spot on thanks

Can I replace the top turrent BDC with a custom turrent for the 855 round?

Custom Turrets should be available for the P-223 3-9X40 riflescopes within the next 30 days.
Once they are available, they will be listed in the drop down menu of the custom turret order page.

You can go into Spot On and enter your new ammo to get corresponding distances for your BDC circles.

Nikon put out a new scope for 2013, PROSTAFF 5 Custom XR Turret. Nikoplex reticle and then you get to order your own custom turret. I plan on getting 2 turrets for my .243. One for deer hunting with 90 gr. bullets and one for coyote hunting with 55 gr bullets.

The P-223 3-9 BDC 600 will be nice with a Custom elevation turret.Are you going with the M-223 XR AR Mount that has 20 MOA built intot he base?

I found this press release showing the Custom XR Turret program. Includes MONARCH 3 as well. If you do decide to get a Custom Turret for your
P-223 3-9 you need to know that you can use the BDC and Custom Turret at the same time. Except if you have turret dialed in for 100 yards and BDC Spot On zero set at 100 yards. Once you turn the turret the BDC distances will be off. I know this sounds obvious but sometimes folks miss the obvious.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/Screenshot2013-09-23at103117AM.png

I went with the Nikon M-223 one piece mount for my P-223 3x9 scope
Nikon said a custom turrent will be available on their site within 30 days for the p-223.

Thanks for the info on the turrets

That 1 piece mount is my favorite. Cantilever is perfect for eye relief and enough elevation for charging handle manipulation. If you get a custom turret let me know how you like it, maybe I'll do the sname fr mine, but so far the BDC does all I need it to.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.