Nikon .223 Scope on 300 Whisper?

• Thread starter Deleted member 48126
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 48126

I have the nikon .223 scope in 4x12. Can I use this scope on a 300 whisper on an ar platform? I have searched the forum but no definite answer. Thanks
Fellas.

Maybe I do not understand the question. Of course you can use it on the ar platform, that is what it is made for. Of corse you can use it on a 300 wisper but the drop dial will not even be close as the long range trajectories are very different. Recoil is no issue with these small cartridges so what are you worried about?

Can the nikon .223 be used with a 300 whisper instead of the .223 trajectories? If I can sight it in at 100 yards with the whisper will the trajectories at 200, 300, 400 be off? Is there a solution so the scope will be in conjuction with the 300 whisper? I am worried I have a 400 dollar scope that can't be used since I no longer have a .223 upper. Thanks for the help DI.D.

Yes the 300,400,500 marks will be more like 245,325,410 or something like that with super sonic ammo but still useable with a drop chart or some practice. I only shoot the subsonic which is extremely different in trajectory and would be more like 120,140,160.

Go to nikon sport optics, select riflescopes "spot on" program. Then select the 223 scope and enter the 300 whisper bullet and velocity etc. to see how your 300 trajectory stacks up on your reticle. You can use that same info to manipulate your dials effectively. Once you figure this out you could go to custom turret systems and spend $25 bucks to get a pack of labels to relabel your turret at those distances or kenton custom turrets $109 for a hole new turret marked to mach your trajectory.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.