Nikon Buckmasters Scope

scsims

I was looking to see if someone could comment on wether if the Nikon Buckmasters 6-18x40mm scope will fit the bill for a target and hunting scope out to 600 yards?

Or would it be worth the extra money to move up to a Leupold VX-II 6-18X40MM?

Opinions please.....

I was looking to see if someone could comment on wether if the Nikon Buckmasters 6-18x40mm scope will fit the bill for a target and hunting scope out to 600 yards?

Or would it be worth the extra money to move up to a Leupold VX-II 6-18X40MM?

Opinions please.....
I believe you will be happy with the Nikon. Mine has good glass and except for the BDC reticle, it does all that i need. It tracks well and holds zereo on the .270 it is on.

scopes

I think the Buckmaster and the VXII are about the same quality. I replaced my Buckmaster with a VXIII, and have been very happy.
Good luck

Hey Scott-- Midway has that exact scope on sale right now for $300 with the mil-dot reticle. I just bought 1 myself and love it so far. The mil is cald. for 12X and is probably close to 2.4 inch per hundred yds. @ 18X. Dot should basically be 1/2 IPHY @ 18X too.

I was just looking on ebay and they had some for sale, but they were UCC Monarch and seamed to be cheaper. Does anyone know what the UCC means?

I'm fairly happy w/ the buckmaster 6-18 that I have on my 22-250. The reticle is a little thick, but the scope seems to track well and is pretty clear. I believe it is one of the best for that price.

SC, the UCC Monarch is a better scope than the Buckmaster series. Not sure what the UCC stands for, but the Monarch series definitely has better glass. If you find one cheaper than the Buckmaster, jump on it.

SC, the UCC Monarch is a better scope than the Buckmaster series. Not sure what the UCC stands for, but the Monarch series definitely has better glass. If you find one cheaper than the Buckmaster, jump on it.

Ultra clear coat

ditto on the bdc---

I own a 4.5-14X40 (nikon plex)on a 300 H&H and absolutely love it.

and also own a 6-18X40 buckmasters with the bdc and love it except for the bdc...

also own a 5.5-16.5X44 monarch, awesome.

also own several leupolds VXII and would probably will change them to buckmasters...

for hunting situations I would change my VXIII to monarchs but I only use the VXIII´s for competition and nikon still does not make scopes for comp.

I´m a happy camper with the nikons. and dont like the price on the VXII.

Joe from México

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.