Nikon Buckmaster scope

panhandlepr

Has anyone had any experience with the Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40mm Side Focus scope. This would be a coyote,PD and squirrel scope. Any comments. $300 is about my limit for a scope.

We sell them and have had nothing but good word come back on them. Very nice scope for the money IMOP

hollar if you want any more details on one

take it easy
steve

I've got a 4.5-14 buckmaster mildot. i think for the $208 i paid for it, it has been a solid scope. however I have found the side focus to be a bit finiky (sp?) and while it does hold a zero very well it doesn't pass the square test.

To my knowledge ALL side focus -when adjusting parallax you must go all the way to up [infinity] then work the parallax out on the return.

You supposedly can not get the parallax out in the same manner as you can w/a traditional [objective ring] scope.
I do a lot of reading on scopes and have read that info. from very knowledgable optics people.

Not sure about the Buckmaster but their Tactical really impressed the heck out of me. Did some rudimentary box test after I mounted it on my Tactical 308 and here's the result.

IMGP3096.jpg

Here's what it did at 535 yards and 591 yards

At 535 yards Exbal said dial 10MOA and here's the result of the 3 shot group:
Picture037.jpg

The half gallon water jug was at 591 say's my Swarovski and Exbal want the dial at 11.75. Here's the hit on the jug, just one shot:
Picture038.jpg

Here's where I was shooting using bipod
Picture031.jpg

That's really impressived scope performance.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts