Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14 40mm SF

coop2564

Anyone using this scope? How do you like it? I bought a Sako with this scope, it looks pretty decent. Its not the new series of buckmaster but the older.

2564, my neices' son has had one on his Savage 7mmRM for 8 or 9 years. Never had any problems with it. Probably enough power to shoot at good distances.

It's a good scope, it's nothing like the new Buckmaster scopes. I'm thinking the new ones are China made, and the one in question is made in the Philippines.

I have had 2 of them, sold one, but still have one on my 223 bolt action. It has parallax adjustment and a mil reticle with covered adjustable turrets. Pretty good glass and its slim and trim, though a little longer than some may like.

Excellent scope for what you pay.

I have the Prostaff 5 same 4.5-14x40. It is good since I bought it on a new store sale at Field & Stream. I use it on my 223 Mossberg MVP. For my purpose I wish it was a finer reticle and would have preferred a 50 mm objective. But for what I paid I will not complain too much. If I outline a penny on edge with a sharpie marker,within a couple of shots I will split the penny so that tells me the glass is pretty clear at least at 100 yds.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.