nightforce

basher

HI-ALL

Your thoughts please on the Nightforce Extreme 5.5x20x50 or 56 NP2DD Scope,
I am almost sure i am going to get one but would like to here what people think.

Regards Tony

Just go make the purchase!

You'll hear nothing bad about the NXSs with that reticle.

I doubt that the 56mm would be "that" much advantage over the 50mm objective. However, I've personally got my eye on the 56mm. It might not be that much better but it surely isn't any worse.;) and the price is the same.

i ahve the 8x32x56 with the np r1 retical for my f class rifle. this is an amazing scope i never thought that you could get a retical with 1 moa increments. you wont be disipointed in your scope. i am thinking of buying another one in the near future for my other custom and thinking 5.5x20 for hunting.

You won't go wrong with a Nightforce. I currently own 3 NF scopes.

3.5-15x56 w/NP-1RR
5.5-22X56w/NP-1RR
8-32X56 w/NP-R2

I'm actually thinking about buying a 5.5-22X50 in the next few months. I guess I'm a NF addict.

I have the 3.5-15x56 with the 2DD reticle...

BUY IT !!

you will not be sorry.....

I don't even mind the weight... to many positives to surpass that one negative !

Night force good buying.

HI-ALL

Your thoughts please on the Nightforce Extreme 5.5x20x50 or 56 NP2DD Scope,
I am almost sure i am going to get one but would like to here what people think.

Regards Tony

Mate just brought one for his long range cannon impressed with it. Note at higher power 56mm is an advantage as need good light especially if price same. weight difference is irrelevant only. If the weight is considered to be an issue give up hunting or get fit as most rifles weigh bugger all and the heavier ones are better anyway - stable, strong with real bits on them.

Regards Mark.

One On Order

Thanks Everyone.

Ordered one today. they said i should get it by friday.
When i get it on the gun will take a few photos and put them on this site.
ps Can any body tell how to put pics on site please.

Many thanks Tony.

Hello all,

i'm also looking to purchase a 5.5x20.50 NXS NP-R1 and wanted to know what are your experiences with the Nightforce ballistic software? Is it wise to purchase this along with the scope?

Also, what are your experiences in the field hunting with this scope? Once you get it dialed in and practice with it do you find that its relatively easy to utilze the reticle for varying ranges?

Thanks,
jeff

The NF software is Exbal... great, accurate, proven software... It is a great tool and you can run your reticle out on it.

use the R1 reticle in combination with a great range finder and wind meter and it works well for hold overs and hold unders.

check out this link, it will answer a lot of your ?'s.

SM

Nightforce's ***NEW*** MOA Reticle - Benchrest Central Forums

SCROLL DOWN THRU THE WHOLE ARTICLE OR POSTS I SHOULD SAY... VERY INFORMATIVE.....

Last edited:
Great. Thanks for the information. I'll take a look and get back with any questions.

regards,
jeff

Basher, let me know when you have used your NF scope, as I too am looking at getting the 5.5-22x 50 or 56. However, not sure which one yet. I also heard that new NP R-1 reticle is great! I plan on mounting it on a 338 RUM.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts