Nightforce vs Huskemaw or something else in that price range??

I deal with scopes all the time, I have yet to deal with a Huskemaw though. I can not give an impression of that brand. the one that comes to mind as good quality and moderately priced is The Apocalypse from Bishop. Okay so you have never heard of this scope or the manufacturer. the Bishops are friends of mine. They started out just making ammunition, then found their competition scopes were too high priced for what you got. They undertook a 3 year R&D on a line of scopes. They have a 3 gun/AR scope that is in my mind nearly perfect. 1-8X24MM Revelation if memory serves me. then the 5-25 X56MM Apocalypse (I own one and would only change one thing and that is MOA based not Mil Rad based). the whole scope is Mil Rad, Turrets in 0.1 Mil Rad, reticle in Mil Rad ranging and the next gen they are working on is going to be a lit reticle. you can get them through me. e-mail me if you want one. they are around $1,200.00 delivered to you. It seems I am going to have to give Merrisa and Diane a call and ask them if they still have the Apocalypse in stock. their catalog does not have it in it. the next one on my list is Leupold they are more expensive and you are paying for the name. third on my list is Nikon Monarch class. I own one and would never give it up. Burris comes in next. I have heard people do not like the glass in them. I have had numerous in this building and have had no problems seeing or anything else. what they complain about is a mystery to me.
now for the best scope I have ever had in this shop. Night Force. they are not cheap, you pay for the quality you are receiving. these are hands down the best scope on the market. they have good reticles, they are lit, the glass is awesome, the springs are stellar, the repeat ability is perfect, and if they were less expensive I might consider replacing every scope I own with a NightFiorce.
Now I am going to say what I can about Huskemaw, that is I have not heard one single thing bad about them. they seem to have a very loyal fan base and those are pro-hunters/guides, long range guys and dyed in the wool hunters. This tells me one of two things is happening. I have never seen this stellar scope in my shop because no one around here is buying them and this is a money grubbing set of cheapskates around here (AKA will not spring for this scope brand).. or they are all hat and no cattle. someone should by this time have had one of those scopes into my shop by now. I just do not know what it is.
Later Tatters.

I own 3 NXS's amd sold my
huskemaw. 5-25.
Nightforce is in a different league, but They are also a lot more money. At full magnifacation is where you will see the difference. Plus my Husk was 1/3 moa.
I did not care for that.

I have several Vortex with a Viper SFP gen 2, 5-25x50 as my best scope. I have got along fine with all my vortex, but After reading all the poor reviews on Vortex, maybe I have just been lucky? I`m thinking about a little higher end scope for my next rifle? I want to stick to 24-25 as max power, any good options, besides the 2 I mention?
Here is a website that deals with the world of PRB. How accurate it is? I can't say but it is a good place to start Precision Rifle Blog.com. I to, look at reviews in about everything I buy, but reviews or information from others may or may not help. So, here is what PRB website says about what the pros shoot/scopes they use. 2016, 2017, and 2018 list of scopes have Vortex Razor leading the group of popular rifle scopes then comes Kahles followed by NF. And no, I am not a fan of Vortex optics but I do have some low-end rifle scopes but a high-end spotter from Vortex. My most costly rifle scope is from TRACT Optic their 4-20x50mm MOA/MRAD 30mm tube.

I have been using huskemaw for 10 +years I have a gen 1 5-20 a gen 2 5-20 and a 5-30 tactical I have shot the 4-16 and the 3-12 I have shot the night force the Swarovski the vortex zeiss the leupold and none of them compared to the huskemaw for repeatability and glass quality as a gunsmith who builds long range hunting rifles I have shot a lot of different scopes and huskemaw is a best out there

Give the new Meopta OptikaHD a look. They are not out yet but should be next month.
4.5-27x50
Illuminated reticle
Zero Stop
$699
All European
Lifetime Warranty

Will beat the pants off of Vortex and on par with a $2,500 Nightforce NXS, except you will get more elevation adjustment on the NF, but the Optika will have plenty for 1,000 yards.

Also, Meopta ZD 6-24x56. Check it out and hit me up if you want a really good deal on one....

I have several Vortex with a Viper sfp gen 2, 5-25x50 as my best scope. I have got along fine with all my vortex, but After reading all the poor reviews on Vortex, maybe I have just been lucky? I`m thinking about a little higher end scope for my next rifle? I want to stick to 24-25 as max power, any good options beside the 2 I mention?
I've used Vortex Viper 6x24x50 FFP for years for hunting and competition. They hold zero well, glass is clear and reticle is sharp. I have not done anything beyond 1000 yards... so take that perspective. I've not been flush enough to but nightforce but have friends who love them. My experience is that poor performance is 95% operator error, and seldom the equipment.

I usually just read these post and gain good info most times I don't feel like I have much to add but this time i will put in my opion. I have a Nightforce that I hunt with and have never had to touch it in over 5 years. Just got back from Africa where I was able to get the Kudu in the picture he green measured 58 1/4. I am saying all this to make a point because while we were trying to get in a position for the shot I fell and my rifle hit the ground at no time did any of us in this group worry about weather the scope was off. I was able to take a 450 yard shot from a sitting position and the Nightforce was right on. All the scopes named in this forum are good but in the pressure situation when you have to make the shot Nightforce gets my vote

Wife and I have been using the Leupold 8.5-25x50 VX 3i Side Focus LRP scopes shooting past 1,000 yards and cost is about $900. The elevation/windage adjustment is spot on. Gave my wife 2 adjustment call-outs and she was hitting at 1,000 yards on her first try. Been using Leupold for 40+ years and own more then 30 of their products. Hunted Africa, most of the Lower 48 and Alaska for 36 years with only ONE issue. Had other scopes but Leupold are by far the best scopes for the cost. Made in America and lifetime warranty. Their customer service is EXCELLANT and they answer the phone. For a small fee they'll send you turrets to match your caliber. Good luck.

I for some reason get headaches with vortex. I don't know what it is. But I hate their stuff. Scopes. Binoculars. Doesn't matter. Great warranty. And it better be cause your going to use it.
I bought the NF nxs. It does have two down sides. Cost. And weight. But I'm in love with it. I can't go back to anything else. Building a 28 nosler and that scope will go on it. MOA. Works great for me.

Sightron scopes offer solid reliability and good performance for the money, they don't compare to an nxs but neither does the price tag

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.