NightForce Scope ???

Scratch

Hello
I'm looking for opinions on NightForce scopes, I was looking to buy a new one in the near future however, I've heard that the turrets are there weak spot. One person said he wore the turrets out in one day while shooting prairie dogs!
I know the scopes are well use by long range shooters/hunters so I came here to get some thoughts from people that use them a lot and get your opinions, rather then going by one persons.
Also how is NightForce warrant and service department ???

Thanks in advance for your thoughts, greatly appreciated :)

Scratch

Hello
I've heard that the turrets are there weak spot. One person said he wore the turrets out in one day while shooting prairie dogs
Scratch

Pure BS. The Nightforce turrets are the part I like best. I wheel my turrets like a mad man and they are consistent, track true, return to zero, have better detents and are more positive than anything I have ever used.

Warranty is among the best in the rare instance you would ever need it. I have not, but have never read anything but praise from the few that have.

Jeff

Last edited:
Hey, Scratch, I don't know how close you are to "one person" so I'll make no disparaging remarks. Let's just say that if that happened there was something else VERY wrong. I've worked with a dozen or more scopes in my time and I can tell you, dollar for dollar, you can't go wrong with a NF scope. Just make sure you choose the reticle that works best for the type of shooting you intend to do and that you spend enough time reviewing all the available options so get the one that's right for you. If I could afford to buy a NF for every one of my rifles I would.

Thank you for the information, I'm looking at putting the NightForce 5-25x56 ATACR on my new .338 edge. Once again thank you !!! gun)

Scratch

Thank you for the information, I'm looking at putting the NightForce 5-25x56 ATACR on my new .338 edge. Once again thank you !!! gun)

Scratch

I was shooting one today on my 338. I continue to be amazed with the ATACR at any distance I shoot. I think you would be pleased with it too.

Jeff

Jeff,
I read that article some time ago, after reading it, I decided to give the NightForce a try. I've always been a big Leupold fan and was considering their Mark 4. I have all Leupold on my .378's (no muzzle breaks) and .460 WM with no problems at all.
However, after hearing so many great things about the NightForce, I thought I'd give it a try. And I was kind of shocked when I heard about the turrets. I'm glad I came on here and received better advise :D

Thank you

Steve

I was kind of shocked when I heard about the turrets. :De

I shoot NF NXS and competition, Leupold VXIII, Vortex PST, Sightron SIII, and Burris XTRII. The NF turrets are among the best of the bunch from my experience if "I" don't "jack up" the turret screw torque requirements. I have not properly torqued the turret screws leaving the turrets too loose after a period of use. This was my problem and not due to the mechanics of the scope. Proper torque resolved this issue. Perhaps this was the same issue regarding your post?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.