NightForce Scope

J Spain

I'm considering purchasing a NF scope.. Where is the best place to get one..

Thanks for any help...

As best as I can tell, their prices are set... i.e. you'll be hard pressed to find a better deal at any place over another. So, get it from one of the site sponsors if you can. Center Shot Rifles has them.

Send Joel Russo a PM he's an LRH member and let him know what NF your interested in.

NF controls the prices. All dealers get a decent mark up and if a seller undercuts the margin, his wholesale prices go way up. I happen to know a dealer who complained that a large, well known shooting compenents and parts retailer was selling under the table by giving customers his super low price with just a minimum mark up. You had to talk to the owner in person and answer some questions to pass his muster and get an unbeatable price. My friend, also a NF dealer, complained to NF and they knocked this guys margin in half for 2 years.

Some charge more than the NF minimum. Check around and take the best price.

Gene, interesting NF's approach on how to incent dealers to sell at the retail price that NF sets, I wondered how they do it and thought perhaps they suspended or cancelled their contract with the dealer to sell NF. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Gene.. For the info. I'm undecided on what scope to buy for my 22 BR that is being built for my P-Dog gun.. I'm kinda leaning toward a Zeiss conquest ..Opinions are welcome on that subject..

Thanks again guys,,,

J Spain, just curious what in the last 36 hours turned you off about the NF?

Chas1.. I'm not turned off on a NF. It's just the extra cost. And I live in an area where I do not have the luxury of looking at scopes before buying..

I was wondering if everone is going to jump on the new ones coming out in mnid may that have 20 moa per revolution. Im getting ready to buy one but was wondering if i should wait on it.
mike

J Spain, I can't say I blame you as I wouldn't spend that kind of money unless I could get some touchy feely time with them either.

Mike33, just my 2 cents but when I'm considering an expensive purchase like a car just introduced or a newly introduced engine in an existing model or new refrig and so on I usually will wait a couple of years so the gremlins can get worked out. If I don't have the luxury of waiting then I'll buy that which is proven and comes as close to what I want. In otherwords if I were you I keep the existing scope you have for a year or two...assuming you have one on your rifle currently.

Mike, when the new NF scopes come out in May, the price is changing. No, it won't go down. I have not heard how much increase. So you undecided guys better seriously consider one right now.

PS - Of course, used NF scopes will go up as well.

I already have a 5.5x22 npr-1 zero stop wanting to buy another one. My ? is should is the new one is 20 moa per revolution is it worth it or just buy the same 10 moa per rev. at same price.
Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.