Nightforce NSX 5.5-2x56

The 22 has 35 more MOA of adjustment for elevation than the 32 has. That is the reason I chose the 22. The second and maybe as important aspect is there are a lot of times that you cant use the full 32 power without getting so much mirage it hurts more than helps.

I hear you on the MOA capability...

thanks

Well, I just did the research on the velosity. I can use ONE word to describe it for me.......COMPLEATLY USELESS!!! Ok, that's two words.

If I am not switching scopes, I am constantly tweaking loads. Trying new bullets. People ask me all the time about the custom reticals or custom dials.....JUST SAY NO!!!

What happens when the weather changes? Or what happens when you get that great opprotunity to take a high country hunt for trophy whatever and you need to leave your sea level shooting range behind you??

That would be a whole lot of retical swaps if you ask me!!

Nope, I'll stick with the dials and the 1 MOA reticals along with my range finder and kestrol 3500!!

Now, the "Why the 5.5-22 and not the 8-32" thing. First, like has been said eleventeen million times here....we don't always shoot at quaduple digit distances. Some times it's a snap shot through the trees at 50 yards, and 8x on the bottom is just to much power. 5.5 is much better, and 22x on the top is plenty for LR hunting. Also, as stated above.....way more come-ups on the 5.5-22.

Again, just my .02!

Copy all fellas, I agree so much I just bought a 5.5-22 X 56 NSX ZS, Np-R1. it cost 500 more than I paid for the savage 110 FCP HS lapua Im putting it on!

If anyone is wondering I used Seekins Precision LOW rings on the stock 20 MOA rail and it mounts the NightForce 56mm up really nice and low it has about 5mm between the bell and the barrel. Perfect. I was really impressed by those Seekins rings.

Thanks guys for all the help in setting this rig up.

Now I have the barreled action out of the stock with the trigger removed and Im sending it to 300 below for a cryo treatment.(do you guys send the bolt with the action as well for treatment?)

Thanks again.

Patrick

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.