Nightforce lately?

I do know for a fact that on "LONG RANGE ONLY " negative
comments were deliberately deleted Concerning N/F. So some other people I know and myself no longer go to that site.
To be honest I never joined there. Didn't see to much action and Productive conversation there.

NF Customer service for me has always been great. I sent them my nxs that had a smashed bell and a bent tube and they fixed it all for 350$ and shipped it back. And that scope with the smashed bell and bent tube still worked great and i used it for over a year like that. And they were great to visit with on the phone. And i freakin love my new nx8.

Hopefully my last comment on this thread.
A tip of the hat to the esteemed Administrator, I have always
found him to be more than fair and even handed in
maintaining this site. Furthermore the White Glove standards
that are maintained is greatly appreciated. It is wonderful
to have discussions even heated ones about things, however
one does not have to descend into the gutter to make
ones point. At the end of the day it is great to be able to
sit down together enjoy a beverage and appreciate the day.
As they say some say potato and some say patato.👍

Lol
I actually ran a Nikon over with a truck once. It had a slight bend in the bell. I sent it in asking them to just check it over letting them know I ran it over. They sent me a brand new newer model of the scope no charge. I figured I'd just use it or ya e to get a new one but they just shipped out a replacement. Seems I've had gray luck with all scope companies customer service.
actually had a nikon monarch I sent in cause it was dropped
sent me a new one then sent the old one back said it was good to go
that was about 30 years ago

That was like 3 decades ago wasn't it?
couple years ago
he was setting up his friends new elk rig
He told me it was straight from the leupold rep
BTW the scope he was setting up wasnt a leupold, he did it to all scopes
I beleive 300 wisper has seen it a bit as well, even new leupolds

I still don't see people's claims that this thread makes NF look bad. 85% if not more of the people here have great results with NF. The company that has switched didn't because NF stoped working and innovating, but because it improved production time and weight savings and cost less. Who wouldn't do that? And nobody that is taken seriously slammed him. A tangent theta went down not to long ago on the hide, and so did an AI. Does TT and AI make great products that don't fail very often, yes. Anyone reading this thread and used a logical brain would come to the conclusion that NF is great but there are also other options out there that work just as good with different features. Anyone claiming this is a huge loss for NF isn't thinking logically.

Last edited:
Never a problem, have 5 of the nxs switched from Swarovski never regretted it.
Like Milo2 said have to see it documented like in recalls and complaints on forums. I'm sure there are other great scopes, but mine are tools that are used and some show it.

I'm just g
I just deleted my post. I don't want to go down that rabbit hole. I'm sure it's something with site sponsors and trying to keep negative opinions low. My complaint was an opinion and not a mechanical failure, aka fact. And yes it's me typing this post and not a vortex mod. Lol
I'm just gonna say that i'm glad I'm so glad I got rid of all my "Good Stuff" I'll just waller around down here in the the Mud with my handful of Bushnells and dare i say it it .......SWFA's' Lots of good folks on this site still with some solid information and lots of MudRunners branch kin as well it looks like, Sure do miss the old days

couple years ago
It was probably straight from a leupold rep 30'yrs ago. They havent recommended that forever.

couple years ago

To be fair I don't know why my friends do that. They have exposed turrets and tap on them with a coin or the handle of a small pocket knife. There's got to be some superstition or weird campfire folklore going on there. I've only ever seen it with leupold owners too. Someone, somewhere, told somebody to tap their luepolds to get the adjustment to move and then it spread like covid.

To be fair I don't know why my friends do that. They have exposed turrets and tap on them with a coin or the handle of a small pocket knife. There's got to be some superstition or weird campfire folklore going on there. I've only ever seen it with leupold owners too. Someone, somewhere, told somebody to tap their luepolds to get the adjustment to move and then it spread like covid.
It's because the Erectors suck and get stuck so you have to nock them into place. My buddy does this and I had to do it on his vx3i to site it in. I can go to the other thread where I stated this. It's post 183 on the top of page 13 the thread is Lots of people like to bash brands.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.