Nightforce HSV

Levi

As hard as Nightforce is pushed in this community I dont understand why more guys aren't talking about the HSV? Is it not the leading choice in the 1K price range? Has the glass/repeat-ability fell short of the popular NXS Line? Or, is it just that very few have had a chance to have any real world experience with this product? I'm just about to receive my new custom 6.5x284, and am looking for a all around long range scope for this meat stick. I have been a long devoted VX-3 fan, but just a quick search on LRH will show that they are no comparison to Nightforce. Why isn't the HSV dominating the 1k price range with the mid level power settings? I'm trying to decide between the VX-3 and the HSV. I need to make a decision soon. Please help, I'm going crazy...

Levi

I believe it is the best choice for it's price range for hunting. I think the "buzz on line" will be less here per say since it's only a 4-14, but for the guys that want that power range I think it's the clear winner! just pick one up and look through it. I have one and a VX6 3-18 if it wasn't for the extra power range of the leupold I would just have two of the new SHV's

I picked one up and I have been a die hard leupold fan for over 30 years. The SHV is my first NF scope and I like it more then any Leupold I've had which have admittedly only been VXIII's.
Scott @ NF has been very good at helping me set it up with correct rings and bases etc. If he is unavailable when I call he will call back shortly.
A great scope and great customer service!

Attachments

• ChristensonArms330rumandNFSHV_zpse3d9b97c.jpg
    ChristensonArms330rumandNFSHV_zpse3d9b97c.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 84
Levi,

I think that you are correct in the idea that not many guys have gotten a chance to try out and report back on the SHV's yet. They've only been available for a couple months and the availability has been pretty limited. I think you'll see much more talk about them as we get closer to fall.

By the way - we just got a shipment in so we have them in stock at the LRH Store!

levi, take a look at the vortex HS-T new this year they have released the 6-24x50 it can be had in mill reticle and moa. And has a zero stop, which is very important in my opinion on a rifle that will be hunted hard. price is great as well.

As already said, the SHV has only been out a short while and not in great numbers. In time, more people will be reporting back with their own findings. I thought the Nightforce SHV was an outstanding optic for the price range. I highly doubt you would be disappointed in picking one up from the LRH Store right here.

Geb

The way technology has improved rifle scopes it is beyond me why all adjustable scopes that are dial able don't have a zero stop especially from a company like Nightforce. Today I will not even consider a scope that is used for hunting that does not have a zero stop. Been there done that and it sucks not to have zero stop.

The way technology has improved rifle scopes it is beyond me why all adjustable scopes that are dial able don't have a zero stop especially from a company like Nightforce. Today I will not even consider a scope that is used for hunting that does not have a zero stop. Been there done that and it sucks not to have zero stop.
Amen

You can make your own zero stop, it isn't rocket science. that way you don't have to pay NF an extra $200 :D

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.