Night Coyote @ 350 Yards - Almost

Double Naught Spy

Nobody likes admitting to missed shots on good targets, but sometimes that is a reality. It might could have been avoided this time had I not pulled the trigger, but conditions were good, the coyote was stationary, I wasn't nervous or excited, and the little voice in my head was yelling "Shoot HER!" like the guy from the opening of the original Jurassic Park movie. Why, at that time, I thought it was a good idea to try for a head shot is lost to the moment, but I did. And based on its reaction, I scared that coyote. I really did, LOL.

Here is the video...
[ame]https://youtu.be/6IjvrNNBSRM[/ame]

Cudos for the head shot. I just spent a day looking for a lost hog and a bobcat. Head or neck shots from now on. That was a great shot. I am surprised you got that close. Ranging is a terrible attempt at night and the thermals we used would not allow you to sight in as precisely as a .25 moa scope. Therefore, just under his head at 350 was outstanding.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.