Newcom Range Finder

jghoghunter

Does anybody have any experiece with the newcom range finder 7x40 lbr 3000pro the price is 1689.99 I'm curious if anybody here has tried this or an of their products.

I used to own a couple of the Burris B-1500 rangefinders. These were manufactured by Newcon and were the same unit as there 7x40 1500 yd rangefinder. I had very good luck with these units. Very reliable readings in ALL conditions and extremely good accuracy. There was someone on the board here a year or so ago that had bought one of the 3000 yd Newcon's and posted about it here. You might search for it. Hope this helps.

Wrong thread sorry.

Parker Hale 1200V!! Big roll-over comb. That was my first rifle about 36 years ago. 22-250 HB w/10X Banner. How long have you owned this rifle?

Re: Scope. I have read the many posts on this forum and others about pros and cons of each person's favorites, etc. I have owned many Leupolds, (VariX IIIs) a couple Bushnells including a 2.5-8X Scopechief which was excellent, a few Weavers (T-25, 4-16V,) and probably some I've forgot. Only ever had one problem and that was with a Leupold 6.5-20 w/Premiere multi-dot recticle. Leupold fixed it fast. I had never had a Nikon but always liked the look of the last gen Monarch 3.3-10 so finally got one recently with a mil-dot reticle. I think its my new 1st choice for general hunting with an emphasis on fairly long-range shooting. Its on a .308 which also has a 22-250AI barrel. Although Nikon says the clicks are 1/4" @ 100 they aren't. Carefully worked out to be .30". This works very well with a mil-dot as every three "MOA" marks (3,6,9,12) works out to be one mil perfectly! The scope looks very well made and the glass is as clear as anything I've owned. For some reason Nikon has pushed a lot of refurbs to the community and, while this does make me a bit apprehensive, so far I'm glad I bit on this one. These Monarchs say "Made in Japan" on the tube and that makes me happier than the "Made Somewhere Else" new models. They are also still available, apparently. BTW... Mildots work well on a .308 as you can get several loads to line up at easily remembered distances. 110 Vmax and 155 Amax can be set so that the dots align with 3,4,5,6, and 650 yds for when you are in a hurry.
Blake

Last edited:
I have the lrm 2000 pro works good on animals to about 1000 yards and I have ranged buildings out to 2800+ meters.. That is the furthest I have ranged and it was a white wharehouse with lots of windows..

I've been using the Newcon 3000 now for 6 months. Love it, but hated the price. It does everything I expected it too. Ranged a billboard at 4061 yds was the furthest yet. Deer and antelope on grass is 1400 yds max on a sunny day with tripod, need to hold it steady. Trees and houses are easy in any weather to 2500 yds. Kirby compared to his Swaro and it did have some advantages but worth the $$$$??? I guess so, I bought one and have to live with it.

If you need to range beyond a mile, consider the WILD optical rangefinders.

They are big and bulky but work all the time everytime in any weather. wonderful glass too.

Been playing with my new Swaro and love it. However, ranging beyond 1 mile must be under pretty good conditions.

Price on the WILDs were $500ish. Deutsche Optics was the one selling them a few years back.

Jerry

How good do you consider the 7X binocular to be on the Newcon 3000?

And, JG

What an accomplishment for you guys. Would you consider writing an article about your guns and your trip?

i certainly wouldn't consider them to be like looking through a good pair of bino's. they seem to work just fine for me, but i don't have any experience looking through others to compare. i have the 2000 model and i'm told they have the same optics as the 3000.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.