Newbie scope advice

Elevatorman

Stumbled upon a Blaser Tac2 .338 for a price I couldn't pass.
Now, want to get into shooting up to 1000 yds.
Need some advice on scopes to use, preferably <$2k.
Looked at the

• Leupold VX-6 7-42x56 TMOA Plus
  • Bushnell 4.5-30x50 Elite Tacticle XRS
  • Burris 4-20x50 XTR II
I'm interested on calculating range with the reticle, don't like mildot.
FFP looks easier, but could be talked into SFP
Do I need illuminated?

Lot for my first post
Thanks

Have you been to the range to confirm the rifle will do what you want it to do? The vx6s are nice glass. I am bias to Kahles glass but have a vx6 that will definitely hold zero. If you are planning on dialing Moa / mils you can't cheap out better to save up and buy the best you can if this is going to be you shooter. You want to ensure repeatability and consistency up and down and back to zeroed. Do your homework go and look through some different glass and don't sell yourself short on it. It will make a difference when you are talking 1000 yards. Just my two cents after after looking to get out cheap on my end and finding the clarity and precision was not what I wanted or needed.

I can't speak for the Burris, but the Leupold and Bushnell you mentioned ought to be outstanding. I was buying Nightforce, and although I can't complain about them, I experimented with a Leupold high end scope and have nothing but good to say about it.

If the three you mentioned are within your means, you ought to be ok with any of them.

be sure to look at the zeiss conquest 5x25 z plex reticle...using the zeiss ballestic charts...puts you right on the money out to 800 plus yards...can be found for $1,000. to $1,200. across the country

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.