New XOTIC scope arrived today

Jeff In TX

Big brown came and dropped off my new XOTIC tactical scope from SWFA. For those of you who have never heard of this scope or brand, it's brand new (see Link). They set out to develop the most rugged, brightest, optically superb tactical scope for under $800.00 Believe me, they succeeded. Right now they only offer a 4X16 – 56mm objective, but they need to come out with a smaller sized scope.
My initial observations on the new XOTIC scope. WOW!!!! Incredible optics!

It was much larger than I had anticipated. Biggest scope I've ever owned and mounted. Seems extremely well built, but boy is it big.

I have a Leupold Mark 4 10X and 16X tactical scopes. I also have one Zeiss 3X9. When comparing my two leuys side by side, they weren't in same class when it comes to the optics. Not even close! It was like comparing a top the line Leuy to a basic tasco for optics, except this time the leuy was the tasco. The optics blew away the best leuy's glass hands down! Optics were slightly better than my Zeiss when compared side by side.

Didn't get to play with it this evening when the sun set, but will report back on my results

Did I say the scope is big?

I mounted it on my new left-handed DPMS AR and plan to go to the range tomorrow.

I think for Texas pig and coyote hunting it will be a great scope, but boy is it big.

I hope XOTIC comes out with a much smaller scope line with a 40 to 44 mm max objective.

Good deal, Jeff!
I know you've look forward to this new scope for some time now...sakofan....Good shooting and Happy Easter!!!!!

Jeff in Texas,
I saw the preview of this scope several years ago in Alaska at the Great Alaskan Bush Company (It's brand new),It's XOTIC ,optically superb, and it cost way less than 800.00 but I must agree WOW!!!! Incredible Optic's
sorry I could not help my-self
B
p.s. "Didn't get to play with it this evening when the sun set,but will report back on my results","Biggest I've ever owned or mounted" Jeff I think you have the wrong WEB site.
B

Jeff, if you get the chance, would love to hear how the xotic compares to Nikon tactical, B&L 4200 and nightforce.

Jerry

Brian,

Are you sure it was an XOTIC? I have one of the 2 prototypes and Chris at SWFA has the only other.
Neither are identified by markings in any way.
WHo had the unit you saw? Curious. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jerry,

I know I'm not Jeff but maybe I can help somewhat.
Think alittle higher on the scope list.

I had my new one out Weds evening at 9-930 in the pasture in the moonlight looking at an old windmill illuminated by a yard light hung on an old barn about 150-200 yards away.
I was at 800 yards (measured).
Image was bright and concise and offered something that I've never seen in the brands you mentioned......I was able to read a mirage signature from the ground/air temp differential which means that even in low ambient lighting conditions I had wind speed and direction information right in front of me.
That ain't too bad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Evening gang,

Sorry, never made it to the range today as it's been raining steady since last night. I'll probably get there on Wed morning.

Yes, the scope is made by XOTIC out of Gun Barrel City TX, not far from SWFA. I believe the scope will be exclusive to SWFA.

The scope is built very tough and had a few guys from the tactical community who are well know for destorying scopes helped with the R&D phase as well as the proto-types. Optics are very clear and crisp to the edges and is very bright. Can't wait to give it a real world test when I get it to the range.

Mike the Undude (very well known in the tactical community for fairly evaluating scopes and trying his best to destory them in the process) said the glass was equal to his Schmidt & Bender tactical scope which he thought was optically perfect and cost 2 1/2 times as much as the XOTIC.

I'll post some pictures when I get back from the range.

Everyone have a Happy Easter!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.