New World Record Bighorn

wyosteve

I just saw the score sheet and picture of the pending new world record bighorn from Wild Horse Island in Montana. Gross is just over 217, net just over 216!! What a monster. Don't know if it was a hunter kill or found head. At the sheep show last month there was a pickup head from Wild Horse Island that scored 209 and I thought that was big!!

I just saw the score sheet and picture of the pending new world record bighorn from Wild Horse Island in Montana. Gross is just over 217, net just over 216!! What a monster. Don't know if it was a hunter kill or found head. At the sheep show last month there was a pickup head from Wild Horse Island that scored 209 and I thought that was big!!

Attachments

• bighorn.jpg
    bighorn.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 579
Found dead of natural causes along with 2 other 200"+ rams.
Wild horse Island is a state park- no hunting. Bunch of mule deer there too. FWP takes Bighorns off the Island to other areas that are open to hunting.

Found dead of natural causes along with 2 other 200"+ rams.
Wild horse Island is a state park- no hunting. Bunch of mule deer there too. FWP takes Bighorns off the Island to other areas that are open to hunting.
the other 2 measured 209 0/8 and 205 2/8 its a nice little preserve for them

Impressive! I've seen the Chadwick Ram, and the #1 Desert. I can't recall the score but the #1 Washington Ram is in that 200+ class, the same genetics I believe. My daughter lives in Asotin and there was a nice group of rams on the Idaho side. I hope they hang it somewhere with good public access.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.