Bighorn in canada

Discussion in 'Sheep Hunting' started by Threejs, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Threejs

Threejs Well-Known Member

Has anyone hunted bighorn in Canada? I live east of the Mississippi so drawing a tag is about impossible. I will be going for a bighorn or a stone soon. Has anyone hunted bighorn in Alberta or BC and have an outfitter they liked?

2. hypersonic

hypersonic Well-Known Member

3. Aoudad shooter1975

Aoudad shooter1975 Well-Known Member

Good luck...I'm still trying to draw mine--I need a stone and Rocky too to complete my slam...

Ed

4. turkeyfever

turkeyfever Well-Known Member

5. GA Sheephunter

GA Sheephunter Member

Have you thought about going to the Sheep Show?

6. shphtr

shphtr Well-Known Member

..... or Grand Slam Club Ovis in Vegas in Jan.

Aoudad shooter1975 likes this.
  7. Threejs

Threejs Well-Known Member

I am trying to talk my wife into going to sheep show. I hear it’s quite a party. Sounds fun. We are not rich like most of those people so we might be out of place a bit.

8. GA Sheephunter

GA Sheephunter Member

I know exactly what you mean. I saved for years for my dall hunt. Most everyone else I met on the way up and back seemed to be older/retired, and they go on multiple 5 figure hunts per year. Definitely in a league I doubt I will ever be in..... If I went to the show, I would be more looking forward to seeing my guide and outfitter again, as well as meeting and buying beers for forum members who helped me out. I'm sure if I went I would probably come home with a deposit put down for a future hunt, which is why I think I should probably not go for another year, lol. If I go I will definitely bring my wife as well.