New Varmint Gun

Just got the barrel in from Pac-Nor-- it's a #5, 26", 1-8T, 5 groove. It is going to sit in a McMillan A3 sporter.

Still planning to go with the 22-243-- I have a ton of brass and love the velocity available across a wide range of projectile weights.

I'll be taking this project to the gunsmith when I go pick up my other current project!

Please let me tag in. Post us a review after a little range time. Thanks.

Will do!! I have all the parts now but the scope---- still debating on that. Rifle will be varmint/predator hunting and maybe small southern whitetails.

Leaning towards a 6-24x Vortex HSLR FFP. I have the 4-16x and love it.

Well-- A little over two years and this project is finally complete!

Changed some parts out here and there. And as a southpaw I decided that I wanted a "right handed" gun. The build ended up being a replica Remington 700 VS but in Left Hand and with a few tweaks under the hood.

22-250ai- Fully blueprinted
Bartlein 1-7" Rem Varmint Contour, 26"
- Threaded, blended thread protector that is SEAMLESS
HS Precision SA Varmint stock
Timney Trigger
Cerakote that was carefully matched to the original Rem 'matte'.

All work done by Alamo Precision Rifles- will post pics as soon as the bolt is back from Jeweling (I did say it's a replica right?)

A few boxes of 80gr ELDMs waiting and a few 90gr Sierras as well.

Well-- A little over two years and this project is finally complete!

Changed some parts out here and there. And as a southpaw I decided that I wanted a "right handed" gun. The build ended up being a replica Remington 700 VS but in Left Hand and with a few tweaks under the hood.

22-250ai- Fully blueprinted
Bartlein 1-7" Rem Varmint Contour, 26"
- Threaded, blended thread protector that is SEAMLESS
HS Precision SA Varmint stock
Timney Trigger
Cerakote that was carefully matched to the original Rem 'matte'.

All work done by Alamo Precision Rifles- will post pics as soon as the bolt is back from Jeweling (I did say it's a replica right?)

A few boxes of 80gr ELDMs waiting and a few 90gr Sierras as well.

Sounds like a good build! Hornady just released the 88gr eld match. And they are in stock at midsouthshootersupply.com
I just ordered 500 hopefully they shoot as good as the two you listed. You might want to check them out

70E376A3-898A-4057-8221-F594F7A9DBB3.jpeg
03215529-F56A-4ECA-BA9D-5B13766C1333.jpeg
BD83F09D-A3D5-48DC-BADF-7EEDA11321CA.jpeg
C1766BEB-58EF-4EC1-A6E6-1B1799C1952A.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.