new to long range

I am afraid to see where this goes now. Have a habit of over doing things. It's only money right?

Oh, I can tell you're in big trouble already with an attitude like that. You'd better lock up your billfold and checkbook while you still have a chance.:)

Nah, that wouldn't be any fun cause half the fun is planning and spending the bucks to get what you want.:rolleyes:

Will trade wife for guns and ammo, need 7mm parts. Maybe a long range varmint gun. One way of paying for them right??? That was a joke!! Been a reader for awhile, now a poster. I am a learner and doer, (when funds allow).

Thoughts on up coming builds or buys.
losing my mini 14 for a 600 yrd .223 tack driver
7mm is the choice over the .308, since i have dies and cases, along with the performance.

Hey welcome to the site. A fast twist .223 is good fun and a great practice gun!

And I agree, 7mm is a great caliber, if you have a .223 to practice with. I have a 308 win and use it for practice. If you only want one gun for now, 308 win is a great do-it-all caliber. And will get you more accustomed to some recoil than a .223. Piece of advice, don't skimp on optics!

Welcome, glad to have you here. lots of good folks and lots of good info. +1 on the 308, good starter and inexpensive. Enjoy.

Hey big dog, where you at here in Central Oregon? Im in Redmond, so if your close by, maybe we can go out by Millican/Brothers, and torch a few rounds off. ive got a spot with flags tied to a fence form 0-600yds. out there, not real ''long'' range but way fun!
Anyhow welcome to L/R/H! And like ss7mm said might as well concede to the idea that your gonna be hoplessly addicted, and $ becomes ''dispensible'' real quick!

I am out at C.R.R. and work in both Bend and Redmond. Sounds good about the shoot. I have been trying to set up a 500 - 600 range out at one of the properties I hunt on.

I am out at C.R.R. and work in both Bend and Redmond. Sounds good about the shoot. I have been trying to set up a 500 - 600 range out at one of the properties I hunt on.

My cousin works for Hooker Creek, and just poured some concrete out there. P.M. me your phone number, and Ill give you directions to my house. Im almost in Terrebon, I live by the new grade school here in Redmond.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.