New to Long Range

The Mossberg rifles are very Savage-like in construction, using a barrel nut system and having their own version of the Accutrigger (called the LBA). I have an MVP in 5.56 NATO that is very accurate. I have shot it in a couple of 500 yard club matches and drawn favorable comments from guys alongside me shooting custom rifles.

I have no direct experience with the Patriot model, so I cannot say for sure if my experience with the MVP can be expected with the Patriot. Regardless, one disadvantage relative to comparable Savage rifles is the current lack of aftermarket support for the Mossbergs. If the plan is to upgrade your rifle over time, the Savage is probably a better choice.

I bought my MVP expressly because of the combination of features offered for the money, rather than as a base gun for a build.

Which one do you actually have and what barrel length ?

There is a version of it that comes threaded for a suppressor or muzzle brake. Worthwhile, if you can find one. Mine is not the threaded version.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.