new to long range hunting

ken johnson

I have been following this site for a while now and am impressed by the knowledge here.I want to learn what it takes to be able to make a 600+ yd shot.I also want to have a rifle built soon and want to learn as much as I can about scopes,ballistics,etc that will help me make that decision wisely.What are the best sources of information?Are there books,other websites,videos,etc. that would cover ballistics,scopes(recticles,mil vs moa,ranging,etc),bullet design,ballistic programs(exbal),gun design,reloading,shooting techniques,etc?Thanks for any help.

I believe you could learn a great deal by simply browsing through the posts on this site and printing out the valuable (keeper) tidbits.... it's free!

There is a lot of good info around, once you have peaked an interest in a particular subject do a web-search, the internet has about everything you'll need.

Follow Dave's advice. It is incredible how much information there is on the web. Just bookmark the informative sites, get a cup of coffee and have at it. I do not have close to the knowledge that most of the people on this site have, but over the past few years I have learned A LOT about long range shooting and reloading. It has all been from this site and other places on the web.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.