New scope

lefty15

I have decided to go with the Zeiss 4.5 x 14 x 50mm with the help of a few of you guys here. I do have one more question for you. Should I get a scope with a parallax adjustment or not? What are the advantages or disadvantages of the parallax adjustment?

Get the paralax adjustment. It minimizes issues with getting the same spot weld on the stock. Most of us hunters wind up shooting from unusual positions which cause us to slide around on the stock and not be consistent. It can be up to 0.5MOA error.

If you had a big vise that locked your head down onto your stock in the same place each time you would not need to worry about paralax. Of course, you might need a big bottle of tylenol.

Up at the top of this section is a "sticky" on "paralax and focus" you should read that.

Get the parallax adj., If for no other reason than "it is better to have and not need than to need and not have" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Plus like BB said it allows for a little more precision.

Chris

How about the target knobs? I will be using the scope for hunting in the forest as well as the wide open. Is it better to go with hunter knobs instead.
Will the target knobs move?

lefty

I've got three of the Conquests with target turrets and none of them have ever moved unless I've turned them, doesn't matter if I carry them through the woods, crawl with them in my hand, or slither on my belly with the rifle on my back, they just stay put.

The only place I could see them as a problem would be in a scabbard on horseback, maybe, never tried it though.

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.