New scope

polarcow

I have recently received a hensoldt 3-12 scope that some here might be interested in for long range purposes. It is more of a tactical scope instead of hunting but has tons of elevation, 144 inches at 100 yards to be exact. I have posted my first impression compared to a zeiss and leupold along with a link to some pics over at optics talk forum incase anyone is interested. Hope that cross-linking to another forum is ok.

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4666&PN=1

-polarcow

slophish,

It is 144 inches at 100 yards (400 cm at 100 meters). No, I have no experience with nightforce but heard they offer good performance for the price.

-polarcow

Polarcow, where are you finding information on this scope? I crosslinked your thread- great pictures, not much in the way of technical data though, would like to know more. What did that scope set you back? Did you import it from Austria or Germany or something? I too see the benefits of mill-metric calculations combined with 144" of movement. Seems like a great combo on the .375-.408.

Thanks

slophish,

I'm including a link to the zeiss optronics (hensoldt) page with all of the scope files. I paid about $2,200 for it. I have been told it may be slightly more expensive when everything is up and running. Also, the dollar to euro is worse now so it may be more expensive now. Even though it's expensive it's less than a comparable s&b. The scopes are made and imported from germany. They are not quite widely available yet but will be on an e-commerce site in jan. or feb. If you want one now or want to know the pricing I can give you their US contact info.

http://www.zeiss.de/C1257088004A21CA/Contents-Frame/A254D374FD464A4CC12570BC002C5992

-polarcow

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.