New scope help for a 220 swift

Although I don't own a 6500 model I have had the older 4000 and they were great glass. I have looked thru and fondled the newer 6500 5x30x30mm and have friends who have them and really like them. Do a search on the optics forum they have been reviewed here.

Thanks for the help Freebore, I will see what I can find. I have tried finding a used Vortex but they are hard to come by

Here is a decent scope and it is 'new' , a sample/demo. I used a Weaver straight 12x with a dot on a 222 along time ago and killed alot of crows and groundhogs. These Grand Slams are pretty nice scopes and a dot is pretty neat if you haven't given it any thought. Your original post stated paper and 'yotes' use...perfect and its 1" a tube. Weaver bases and Burris 'Zee' rings your solid for about 350.

These guys are LRH sponsors too.

Weaver 6-20x40 Grand Slam Rifle Scope DEMO-C

Thanks for the heads up freebore, I got a bushnell elite 6-24x40 ordered today, it will be my substitute until I run across a good deal on a vortex. I couldnt pass it up. I have heard some good reviews about them. Guess I will find out this weekend when i mount it on my rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.