New scope help

ramrod79

Hey guys there is a lot of different threads on this but I thought I would start another and get help on what to buy.
Currently I have a Vortex HSLR 4-16x44 with turret changed to 1/4 min adj and its mounted one custom 6.5 284 ( pics are in gun photos ) I have been shooting awhile now and have extended my ranges out past 1000 and I feel I need a better scope keep in mind this is a hunting/ target rifle that gets used for a lot of sheep hunting so it sits in a scabbard a lot. Oh and I use Talley light weight rings in med height.
So I have researched and I want to stay with SFP scope unless someone talks me into FFP witch I have never used.
So my first choice is NF nsx 5.5 -22x50 although the price is crazy and I really like the capped wind age knob on my vortex not sure how exposed will do in my scabbard. Plus the extra 10oz I will have to suck up
Second choice is NF SHV 5-20x56 but I heard turrets are a little mushy for dialing all the time and the big 56 mm obj has got me re thinking.
Third choice is Sightron 6-24x50 but not sure I like the reticle and there is no Zero stop but everything is capped and it does have a ton of elevation and price is good and it is a lighter scope but again the reticle throws me off on this scope not sure if I like it.

Guys do you have any other suggestions for optics or comments on my choices I would like to be thrifty and not spend huge dollars but if I do go NSX I will buy second hand at a reduce price so that will help and if ab solute will buy new but I would like to hear what your thoughts are. Oh and I do want a scope with enough elevation adj so I don't have to run a rail.

I use the SHV 5-20 on my F T/R rifle and dial it every time I shoot it. It's been up and down from 100-600 many times and while not as tactile feeling as some other scopes I've played with, it's definitely usable. Tracking is what you expect from NF. The obj is large but for my use it makes no difference. Personally I would not fret over the feel of these turrets. They are positive and easy to keep track of while dialing.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts