New Scope Burris or Bushnell?

P

pyroducksx3

I'm getting a new scope to put on 6.5-06 AI I'm having built. I want a nightforce 3.5-15 with reticle in first plane but cant find the money for that right now (2,200). The Choices are between a bushell elite 4200 4-16 or a burris XTR 3-12. The burris is a 30mm tube 50mm Obj. and has more adjustment. I dont have any experience with burris though. I've read the review about the bushnell 3200 on this site so I assume the same applies to their 4200. Are the burris reliable, repeatable, so on. Also I work for an outdoor store and proform on burris is unbelievable. So price isn't really a factor as I'm sure the burris is twice the price of the bushnell. Also I will be using the rifle for the open western hunting of mule deer in Eastern WA, black bear hunting in Western Wa, and hunting coyotes. Thanks for the advice

P

pyroducksx3

Add the burris black diamond 4-16 to the list. So Choices are bushnell elite 4200 4-16, burris black diamond 4-16, or burris XTR 3-12. Thanks again.

F

flyin lizard

I have two Burris scopes and am very pleased with both. One is a 6 x 24x 44ao that is on my 22-250 and the other is a 3x9x40 on my 300wsm, both function very well and I would not hesitate to buy another Burris..

Bravo 4

Bravo 4

A buddy of mine has a Burris XTR, nice glass and very repeatable with 90moa of adjustment. I wish they made one in FFP.

J

J E Custom

Burris is a very reliable scope and very tough.

On the hardest recoiling rifles I prefer to use a Burris.

I have never had a problem with the Burris or the Bushnell but have trashed most
scopes from recoil (I have a 444 contender Pistol that produces almost 60 ft/lbs of
recoil and had to go to a 4 ring scope base to keep from shearing them off and after
destroyed three different brands of scopes I switched to the Burris.(End of story).

Also I have one on an unbraked 416 and it is still perfect.

Get the 50mm with the 30mm tub and side focus.

J E CUSTOM

P

pyroducksx3

So looks like the burris. Now should I go with the black diamond in 4-16 but only has 74 inches of asjustment elevation or the XTR tactical in 3-12 with 90 inches of adjustment? Both have the side parallax adjustment. I am thinking about the more magnification with the 4-16 any reason to use the XTR? Both have mil dor reticles and I think I can have the target turrets put on the Black Diamond. Anyone know if they will put a reticle in the first plane?

P

pyroducksx3

Just found out about leupolds mark 4 in 4.5-16 with mil dot, MOA clicks instead of leupolds IPHY and most important FFP!!! Cant geat as good a deal on this as the burris but everything I want. Anybody have any experience with the mark 4 FFP (front or first focal plane) or the normal one compared to the burris XTRs. Thanks

P

PDA

Weaver has a FFP Tactical scope 4-20X for $780 at TOZ

FEENIX

FEENIX

LRH Team Member
Just found out about leupolds mark 4 in 4.5-16 with mil dot, MOA clicks instead of leupolds IPHY and most important FFP!!! Cant geat as good a deal on this as the burris but everything I want. Anybody have any experience with the mark 4 FFP (front or first focal plane) or the normal one compared to the burris XTRs. Thanks

Get it! Get it NOW before you talk yourself out of it.:rolleyes:

Good luck!