New Bushnell Elite® 4200 Tactical scope

So, whats the verdict on the new Bushy then guys, worth the investment?

Im after 2 of these suckers, one for a 300wsm and a 223 Rem. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Having said that I will take and trust a laser anyday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ian,

I have had terrible luck with lasers in the open prairie, largely due to a lack of reflective features and the mirage, which is the reason I have learned to mil game.

Vector you say ? Hmmm....Tnx

[/ QUOTE ]

What LRF are you useing?..........

[ QUOTE ]
Here are the specks:
6-24x50mm 30mm tube, Mildot reticle, 50 MOA total travel both ways with 1/4 MOA clicks, 2nd focal plane and ranging would be at the 12 power, and a 3" eye relief.
Has anyone seen or tried it? Looks real promising.

[/ QUOTE ]

inukshuk,

The actual eye relief on this scope is about 4.5". Bushnell got it wrong on their website. I've made them aware of their error and they'll likely fix it Monday or so.

Most of their new scopes they'll be releasing soon will have well over 4".

I have two of these scopes and as usual Bushnell hit a home run for cheap.

The glass and coatings compares with the much more expensive European optics but then we've come to expect that of the Elite 4200 series of scopes.

I like the turrets and the included sunshade.

I'll have mine at the range and will have a chart to test clarity soon but I suspect it'll be right there with the rest of their 4200 series.

For the money it's hard to beat a 4200 if you're serious about SEEING well and on a budget or just don't see the value in a $2,000 scope.

$bob$

I bought a 6x24x40MM when B&L's name was on all Elite 4200s. Its 6 years old and doing great. Last week I bought a 4x16x40M Bushnell 4200. Its flawless,used it for first time at rifle range today.

"The Leupold PR 4.5-14x40mm Mill-DOT is at the top because it has good glass, turrets are positive not mushy at all, nice parallax control, has enough travel to get to one 1k, great warrantee but I would like to see a M1 knobs on them, and the TMR reticle."

I'm not sure what Leupold scope this guy was actually looking through but he needs his eyes checked if he thinks a Leupold Tactical is as clear and crisp or transmits light as well as an Elite 4200.

Also... "Nice parallax control"??? Now THERE'S an objective statement for you... I wonder what he thinks makes it "nice"? <grin> Also.... Is it "nicer than the Elite 4200? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

As far as turrets and travel I think he's right on the money. Leupold enjoys an adjustment range that is very good.

"Great warrantee"... Both have a lifetime warrantee but I must admit that Leupold service is unmatched for speed and friendliness but then at the prices they get you'd expect that.

M1 Knobs... Kudo's to Leupold. I can't imagine why more scope companies don't offer it. Possibly some sort of patent issue?

"TMR reticle" Huh? Whut" Can someone help me here?

$bob$

jwp475: A bushnell legend...not very happy with it.

GSPointer: Although I am still getting familiar with it and have only used it for testing handloads (and not the scope to any major degree, yet), I can say the glass is on par with my 4.5-14 Leupy VX III, when shot side by side. Tracking seems right on when I sighted it in and dialed out to 500 m and 600 m, although I have not box tested it, and the parallax does what its supposed to...no problems. I will say it is not as clear as I would of hoped at 20-24 x, but others that have checked it out at the range have told me its fine - I am not familiar with high magnification scopes, so I can't really say how it compares with other glass at 20-24x. The scope is solid and heavy, and has added some desired weight to my .308 with the 20 MOA base. So far, very good and I am happy with it. Once i find a pet load for the .308, I plan on putting the scope through the wringer out to 700 m +.

P5180239.jpg

P5180244.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
jwp475: A bushnell legend...not very happy with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Swaro will give excellent results under adverse conditions..............
thumb.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.