New scale from frankford arsenal?

The scale is defective. Send it back to RCBS and get them to fix it. I cannot believe people put up with these kinds of isssues and just think it is normal.

To the OP., I tried all of the auto dispenser models but not the one you are looking at. I can throw charges with a powder thrower much faster and just about as accurately. For longer granule powder I throw onto a manual scale and trickle the rest, accurate and just as fast. I however charge all cases then seat, if I charged then seated each case the auto thrower would work fine because it will throw the next charge while you seat the last one. Of the ones I tried the one I liked best was the Lyman, but I eventually sold it, the RCBS and the Hornady because I never used them.

I know that the scale is not normal, however I don't think that RCBS would replace the scale. This is the reason that I am looking at a different scale. I will call RCBS today and find out.

I know that the scale is not normal, however I don't think that RCBS would replace the scale. This is the reason that I am looking at a different scale. I will call RCBS today and find out.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I have always found RCBS to be excellent to deal with. The issue is usually electrical stuff is only warranted for 1 year, but RCBS may very well give you a deal if it has been defective since just after you bought it. Other thing is, check the credit card you bought it on, many will double the warranty on items purchased on the card.

The object of the discussion is what is the opinion of this scale. My opinion is all the electronic scales in this price range are not worth the money because they all use the same technology. It is an opinion the op needs to hear.
AR10 man came to argue with us it's clear. Noone requested "what is the best under $200 scale". Plus, what fool that has an A&D scale defaults to a chargemaster? o_O

two very different demands means i can use the chargemaster lite:
1) as is, for plinking, less serious ammo
2) to feed my fx120i for match ammo.
but i said that already and reading comprehension is not one of your skills...you posted just to pick on me, not to add anything POSITIVE to the discussion.

AR10 man came to argue with us it's clear. Noone requested "what is the best under $200 scale". Plus, what fool that has an A&D scale defaults to a chargemaster? o_O

Nice! Taking stabs at my intellectual side now! Well done sir. I won't stoop to that level though. I graduated from the 5th grade over a generation ago. That means more than 3 decades ago. Just wanted to save you the google time. I posted to provide a much more accurate alternative than these types of scales. You on the other hand, posted to give the exact same option at the original poster was requesting. Real helpful..... I think it's obvious from others reviews of the RCBS scale (Including the OP that is having problems with the exact same *** you're recommending he get another of) that it's pretty much junk. Therefor (we) not just me feel that it's in the OP's best interest to probably avoid making another mistake buying another lame *** China *** scale.

sorry for your lack of reading skills but a chargemaster and a chargemaster LITE are not the same.
have you tested a charge master LITE ?
i have with 4 different powders from 10 to 70 grain loads.
logged the DATA and checked with my fx120i
MY OPINION
IT IS A DECENT MACHINE FOR THE MONEY,
EXCELLENT FOR THE AVERAGE HUNTER.

no it is not an a&d scale, but it much better than the average step function $100 electronic scale.
please feel free to ADD TO THE CONVERSATION when you have tested either the midway scale or the lite.
till then you are just wasting bandwidth

Got the scale on Monday and and after you get it leveled, calibrated and powder calibrated, this is legit! Fast & accurate at -.01, what my other scale would do, the Powder Cal algorithm really works and takes about 30-40 seconds to do, after a powder change/turn on. I always use a balance beam for spot checks. Only issue was the bluetooth wouldn't connect? A few emails back and forth with support(fast response time) and we got it up and working in short order.

Short term impression: Get it, if your'e on the fence about it or don't already own a scale of this type. I got this scale, as my well used accurate Gen6, decided it wanted to go into "turbo mode" and start throwing heavy.

febKIwR5AuW33y2O-1G0wrT6KtMiQvzoMpeWb74pp75aU_5_xMIWYbiCfpUNipMdCUnnLf49onxYCjNjebSsBgZGb67dmIp-hlm-CIYYNDWROicEjNI0WGKRdt29rxpfMiNsV3YpfRDpYiPr791uaTkybghPX4SO3VMOEGMCRXIg8gZMvmyiLIWvufT3c1Q1joZdaB6ahW59UHaYL17j03csBr6Gf6G3xipgqOGPvuXK09QZ20QxL1EKDeNMXnQt-OpsL732O6tk7ZiXXDSohhsRY_vS47vk1oAP4YLg1ZlDUweS8DoLGMThc2ESH8BzHPo2tWTIk5Av6fB0ykgVAoBzQM9Nm7jGsFkOlfZLvyNvA2ZsqfIBZQEwUqe8U22rfAqQ-vCLBIwnOwT7RUn1RMG6OWrwoWXMPJJSvV0z8Ijpb3UlRTGev1pB5utVGotJN0t5jeDU2UZXcZfRAgO7Gbo1kYuptVW3xrbxgw6reGo_dvMdkVIZ7beSAzZcIJ1VGWslzk37PPwDPeYd_a0i01jtqZWMilRhShSDtPOM2Ge_-2P8RzsmN_PiGnUe7N9JIOa-YUPFQcASYEoMnRxLJbG5OEwfPGB22AyRwdLlOGBpzon2ym1h3Y0W564s72iz83xzX26tMag51cnrfTIOZGEbjOA3rmrWIHeKZUxKkhKTvdBJWNyFDQ=w703-h937-no
V5fM7PtS23UQ-z8DJ2jEPyo9XDCm_xbbLt9xmZKOZnjrk3bqQw7LO4QpwK8eaELJ1oiPmLQb7vZe1TyUT7JGYF1yjkYeIO_30T92t8VH3Gb4IdoME6ZeOmOccWesYpOurMP4mSKkbj3oBWGJnX5t7Y8PHkqs6PuN1aLli6KtxRKPbQVwYFybVXjJBIHTid9na_Z1RkICJO3NFLBIVB2xJ9v55Sg4zXN2FF9Ve3S9QqdpLXqIudZH8bvLyaupUUn-2_qzIJ8S7ePsrCBc4hF7MH0LvZsB9kiWlfd4J0NgFjLsBeUDsR4Qrt-_4kpA3VJhzYuGJfT2zVDVgWhF1EMnCYrtVIjkHJ35Qb5cutfBMrsa2Dbfxy-wgQtfFNwskFrpvlWgS_cenSeXEFKyhqfMNobDqkgmbuTWnAzJXvsJS9jot1fNXpC367pPRjLu9gjA6mZy4_DvuDekyjIXZ7-wVx0ZknwGb9NEnky8K2uGHpqEhHUr2yJqWvx9XsbjMZLlB2_Tfz1F7EsLye8hdoCehiEtkpBykxh3YqJoKS7mBP6gctzIqUjTLbZL4empqBOUg9X4Pe-S2VhpSvFIEh6Ed6_5etaHsDfDs8G85nb7NYoTN4O_qW7r6VSU6BguIOoU5l21ybHIqjsucjMEXkkfEMzj7CuL_8h2PTQ6EwYvFOR3884vhhiDQg=w1250-h937-no

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts