Frankford Arsenal Tumbler?

dk17hmr

I load several thousand rounds a year, up until this past August I had a tumbler....well my dad had a tumbler and still does only thing is it is 1500 miles away. I used it until I moved here to Wyoming. My girlfriend and I live in an apartment, its big enough that she doesnt complain about my load gear, a tumbler is the only thing lacking from my setup. I have been washing my brass to get the lube off and clean them, it works but labor intensive and I catch some flack for dryin the brass in the oven.

I am looking at this:
Frankford Arsenal Quick-N-EZ Case Tumbler Master Kit with Quick-N-EZ Rotary Media Separator 110 Volt - MidwayUSA

Just wondering if anyone has one, I know someone will suggest a I should get a Dillon but I dont have that type of money. I work about 2 miles away from the appartment so I can take the tumbler down to the shop on weekends if it is to loud in the appartment....boss wouldnt care as long as I let him use it also.

Opinions please.

I got one of these as a Christmas gift 4 years ago and it's still goin strong. I tumble lots of pistol brass and .223 for my black rifle in it as well as '06, 7mm-08, 6.5x55, .308. It's done fine.

I have been washing my brass to get the lube off and clean them, it works but labor intensive and I catch some flack for dryin the brass in the oven.
Just use the dishwasher. It'll dry them, too. Your girlfriend probably has a mesh bag you can put them in.

That was my first tumbler.

Mine burned out in about 3 months, but they replaced it free, and the replacement arrived within 10 days of notification, they did not require that I return the defective unit. Great customer service!

However, in the meantime, I had purchased one of these:

Lyman Turbo 2500 Pro Magnum Case Tumbler 110 Volt - MidwayUSA

It tumbles much more vigorously, and will do the job in less than half the time, as well as being larger.

Noise is roughly equal for the two.

For the price difference, the Lyman is a much better deal, at least in my mind.

Bill

I have two of them, one is about 6 years old and is probably in the 75,000 piece range for how many cases it has done. The other I bought 3 years ago so I could do more brass at once, it probably has done 40,000 pieces. Most of it is pistol brass but I have been known to tumble my cases for a long time in order to make them nice and shiney. If one of mine dies tomorrow, I will order another the same day. I have also used the older one for moly coating bullets when I was experimenting with that...they have seen a whole lot of use.

I load several thousand rounds a year, up until this past August I had a tumbler....well my dad had a tumbler and still does only thing is it is 1500 miles away. I used it until I moved here to Wyoming. My girlfriend and I live in an apartment, its big enough that she doesnt complain about my load gear, a tumbler is the only thing lacking from my setup. I have been washing my brass to get the lube off and clean them, it works but labor intensive and I catch some flack for dryin the brass in the oven.

I am looking at this:
Frankford Arsenal Quick-N-EZ Case Tumbler Master Kit with Quick-N-EZ Rotary Media Separator 110 Volt - MidwayUSA

Just wondering if anyone has one, I know someone will suggest a I should get a Dillon but I dont have that type of money. I work about 2 miles away from the appartment so I can take the tumbler down to the shop on weekends if it is to loud in the appartment....boss wouldnt care as long as I let him use it also.

Opinions please.

I have two of them and absolutely love them. They run great and I particularly like the clear top. I did put some rubber tubing on the rod that holds the cover to the bowl in an effort to protect cases (my little OCD thing I guess), not saying that that would be an issue ever.

In a nutshell, they are great

I just got one from Bi-Mart about a month ago. It works great. My father has had one for years and it is still going strong.

Tumbling tips:

Lizard Litter from Petco/Petsmart. About 1/3 the cost of reloading specific tumbler media. The walnut cleans quite well and shines the brass up nicely.

Nu Finish for polish. About a cap full every other tumbling. Let it mix for 15 minutes before you put the brass in. Smell is a bit strong, so you might want to put it in outside and let it run for a while with the lid off.

Cut up strips of Bounce in the mix for static/dust control and that lovely fresh spring day scent for your brass. Change every load.

Great buy! I have had one for about four years, and I have not had a hiccup out of it. I would strongly suggest this purchase. Although I do not have the seperator at the moment, that will be an addition in the near future.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts