New Savage 110 Ultralite with Proof CF Barrels

At that price point I wonder if the Proof barrel is built to the same standard as the barrels they normally sell. I know the barrels CA uses on the ridgeline aren't the same quality as the ones used on their customs...I was told this by their repair dept.
I doubt proof would put their name on something that isn't a quality product.

6 pound 280AI with a proper muzzle thread and a barrel ridgid enough to support a can......I need one for killing things. I packed a 16 pound rifle around this last fall that wasn't suppressed, on my last pack back to the truck with a heavy pack and heavy rifle I was dreaming of a lightweight killing rifle in 280AI

I would be surprised if that is true. Accustock are fairly heavy. Not sure how they would cram that and a nearly 3# barrel and make weight.
It looks just like the stock on my son's 110 storm which is an accustock.

9E4AF911-7486-44D0-8609-1FD6869BCE0F.jpeg

The new accufit accustocks arent bad. They dont have a negative impact on accuracy anyway.

I swapped a few 12FVs into take off accu stocks. They do shoot really well. And they are pretty stiff. You have swap or grind the lug to fit. I steel bed the recoil lug area. I dont like the high comb modules, I add and adjustable kydex cheek rest. I stack several of the LOP spacers and get longer screws. I just added an ARCA rail to my 12FV .223 to test this tripod shooting thing people are doing.

If I got one of these light weights, I'd probably go 6.5 PRC and probably not change the stock.

It's about putting it in a chassis or replacing the bottom metal.

Who wants to take an ultralight rifle and stick it in a heavy *** chassis?

Replacing the bottom metal makes no difference on the bolt release location either.

Just goes to show people will literally complain about anything.

And I'll admit, I am the furthest thing from a Savage fan! I literally make fun of them every chance I get...but they knocked it outta the park with this one and I may just end up eating crow and buying one.

Last edited:
I dont see much need for a blue printed action with savages floating bolt head and when it comes to chambering the barrel, i feel much better buying a prefit barrel from a company that specializes in barrels , not a gun manufacturer that mass produces guns . And if you dont like the accufit stock athsetics , why buy the stock just to change to something else ?
Its a nice rifle for the average joe that doesnt hold their rifles to a custom rifles accuracy standard , but even though im a big savage rifle fan , if i want a proof barreled savage , i will buy components and build my own.:)