New Savage 10 Desert Tactical

FlGunner

So I seen Savage has listed some new rifles on there website. This one caught my eye as it has a 24" threaded barrel and a looks to be a good platform to build off of. Has a top bolt release too. I wonder what the internal dimensions are for the magazine and how easily I could get one into a McMillan stock. If it's like the Savage rifles I've owned it ought to shoot good. Really want to go get one lol.
Model-110-Tactical-Desert.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking gun, but why all the threaded barrels now? I was looking at their new lineup today and saw multiple with threads. I have no need for a suppressor and I hate how they look with the caps screwed on. Seems like it should be an additional option. That said, the 110 bear hunter has caught my eye

Creedmoor is the new kid on the block.
FORSURE I BUILT ME ONE 2YRS AGO AND IT STANDS IT GROUND 4SURE IN ALOT OF AREAS I HAVE SEVERAL THAT I VE BUILT 6.5X47 6.5-284 BUT MY 6.5 CREED GETS THE NODD FOR ME !!!!!

I'm liking the 22 Creedmoor at this point. I too have 243s, 260s and 6.5-284s and am very happy with the three. The three are very good to me. No need to jump into a 6-6.5 Creed at this point. The 22 Creedmoor however does intrigue me because the brass is available so no need to fireform any 22-250 ai or 22-243 ai. Just load and go.

Most allow them but many restrictions and over costs making them unaffordable
People spending $2000-4000+ on a scope and $1000+ on a rifle won't quibble over an extra $200 for a suppressor if it's what they want.

Since the suppressor itself is the registered device, it can be used on multiple firearms.

Demand has gotten very high for them since they were made legal for hunting here a couple of years ago. There was very little interest prior to that.

People spending $2000-4000+ on a scope and $1000+ on a rifle won't quibble over an extra $200 for a suppressor if it's what they want.

Since the suppressor itself is the registered device, it can be used on multiple firearms.

Demand has gotten very high for them since they were made legal for hunting here a couple of years ago. There was very little interest prior to that.
Correct on the 200.00 being minor. It's not the additional cost as much as it's the idea of paying it for the reason it's required. It's a bull_ _ _ _ cost that makes it just undoable for me. It's soon to be removed.

Nice looking gun, but why all the threaded barrels now?

You can also break up and limit the kick from a rifle. Screw on muzzle break really reduces the down range noise. I learned you must use ear protection when you use a muzzle break! (Learned the hard way, got my bell rung!)

Yes supressors are another accessory that can just screw on or the QD mount. NSF items are easier to get, just as long as your patient to go through the paperwork and ATF wait.

Before you go buy a McMillan look at buds gun shop. They order a monster from Savage. 110FCP H.S. Precision stock.
I own 2 just chambered different. The only down fall is the weight that also comes with presicion stocks. It's alum railed and I blueprinted & bedded both of them to be sub MOA. Trigger is adjustable also.
The Philippines uses this platform for anti-terrorism.
Bottom line you miss your target, you have nothing else to blame well almost...

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.