New Rifle Suggestions?

BWitz

I have been looking at new rifle in 6.5 CM. Will be a hunting rifle, so do not want it to exceed 7 lb bare. I have been looking at the following: Springfield Waypoint, Winchester model 70 Extreme, Seekins PH2, Bergara Canyon or Mountain 2.0. Would like to keep it under $2k. I have a couple X-Bolt Pros and like them but want something different. I had a Christensen Ridgeline in the past and was not impressed at all. If anyone could share experiences or suggestions, much appreciated.

I have been looking at new rifle in 6.5 CM. Will be a hunting rifle, so do not want it to exceed 7 lb bare. I have been looking at the following: Springfield Waypoint, Winchester model 70 Extreme, Seekins PH2, Bergara Canyon or Mountain 2.0. Would like to keep it under $2k. I have a couple X-Bolt Pros and like them but want something different. I had a Christensen Ridgeline in the past and was not impressed at all. If anyone could share experiences or suggestions, much appreciated.
If interested, I still have a new (unfired) 6.5 CM Fierce Carbon Fury that would meet your mentioned criteria…feel free to PM if interested

I am sure you have probably seen this before, but here is my suggestion. Buy a Tikka T3x SS Lite in 6.5 Creedmoor. Purchase a Stocky's VG carbon fiber stock. Send the barreled action off to Karl Kampfeld and have him chop it to 20", thread it 5/8-24 and add a collar for a shoulder. Swap the trigger spring out with an M-Carbo (not really necessary, but if you want to get it below 2#, that is the way). Buy an extra M+ magazine and spend the money you saved on better glass.
If you really want to, you can get a High Desert bottom metal and a threaded bolt handle to get options in regards to bolt knobs.

All in, you will spend about $1500 and have a gun that is just as good as the Seekins and better than the rest of of the ones you listed.

Recent Posts