New Rifle Set Up

DSaintAndre

Need some input. Looking at purchasing new rifle. Only research i have done is on the web. But i have pretty much made my mind up on getting 7mm prc.
1. Does anyone have any hands on w this caliber? Love it? Hate it?
2. Optic choice? Preference?

I dont have a long range need where i hunt currently, but i want to have tools if the opportunity comes along. Plus, i feel it would be fun to shoot long range.
Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanx!

- Saint from Louisiana

Theoretically, great hunting round and anecdotally, have heard many good things. Still a new caliber so factory ammo could get pinched in weird times but if you reload and can amass the inputs, would be a fun caliber to own.

Optics wise that's a big can of worms that comes down to budget. Personally a nightforce fan boy but have good experience with zeiss as well. But again, you can find totally serviceable scopes for less than those two brands. I am after one of the swfa scopes myself at the moment.

I have no answer for you but will say this……Welcome from North Central Wyoming!

I hope that you get some good responses to your question and enjoy our little home on the net!

Also, while this is difficult to say…..congratulations to your Bearcats! They beat my hometown school for the state hs football title! memtb

I have no answer for you but will say this……Welcome from North Central Wyoming!

I hope that you get some good responses to your question and enjoy our little home on the net!

Also, while this is difficult to say…..congratulations to your Bearcats! They beat my hometown school for the state hs football title! memtb
Thanks for that! I was at the Superdome for that game. My daughter is a senior and dances. It was a fun one to watch! That tight end yall have is a stud. Will be seeing him play for the tigers in death valley!

Welcome from Tennessee. I'm a fan of 7mm bullets. I don't have a 7PRC, but have heard great things thus far. If you don't reload, I believe it is a good option.
Scopes options are one of the most hotly debated items in rifle shooting. It sounds like this will be mostly for hunting at short to medium range for now. SFP will probably be the best option IMO. Budget will drive a lot of the options available. Weight, FOV, eye relief, low light capability, reticles, durability, warranty, and bottom/top end zoom range are things to consider.
Good luck with your search.

Thanks for that! I was at the Superdome for that game. My daughter is a senior and dances. It was a fun one to watch! That tight end yall have is a stud. Will be seeing him play for the tigers in death valley!

You're welcome and also welcome to the forum again! I'm sure that it was a great game to watch…..as least for the Ruston crowd! 😁 Congratulations to you folks…..you waited for a while!

My granddaughter was a cheerleader at the dome for 2 of Zachary's state titles! memtb