New Rifle Purchase Decision

too each it's own, I've owned two Weatherbys and used them extensively and experienced bolt problems both clambering and extracting I for one don't want to take the chance taking it on a dangerous game hunt and running into a situation when you know what hits the fan and I wish I was in Kansas. Just my thoughts no hard feelings about those who own and use Weatherby rifles.
I've owned a number of bee's, but if I had issues with any gun and didn't have the comfort with it functioning correctly I wouldn't be a fan of them either.

too each it's own, I've owned two Weatherbys and used them extensively and experienced bolt problems both clambering and extracting I for one don't want to take the chance taking it on a dangerous game hunt and running into a situation when you know what hits the fan and I wish I was in Kansas. Just my thoughts no hard feelings about those who own and use Weatherby rifles.
I do all my own reloading. I've never had a problem with my bolts (lucky me). Weatherby's are not for everyone. I was not trying to cause you any hard feelings, I was using your post to reply to because I found it right to the point—and interesting! My post was mostly to the OP. Like you, I was just giving my feelings about my experience with Weatherby rifles. And again; I hope for the best with which ever rifle you like the most.

My first CA ridgeline drives tacks with factory and tuned every bullet i put in it very easily. 6.5 prc. Not a fan of that stock but who cares if it shoots. My second Ridgeline fft in 7 prc has been troublesome and I can't help but think their quality control is lacking as they bump up production. (They are in all the box stores now) bolt is clunky and very stiff on the downstroke without ammo, more so with ammo, I like the new fft stock, but it feels as though they have cut corners on the finish, and a friend of mine had excess anti seize compound gooping out of the barrel tennon in the action, dimples on the bolt head (they said were hardness testing marks) but mine only had three, his had seven. Not sure what to make of that, but it doesn't instill confidence. Bolt/action is disappointing to the point I'm considering sending it back if possible. It cycles though …barely. It is shooting moa so far but it doesn't show the promise the former model did right out the gate. Will see once load development starts. I feel Christensen has become more a true production rifle than what used to be considered semi-custom. Still good for the price but maybe not as good as it used to be. Time will tell but I'm not as impressed with their new line as I'd hoped I would be. Tighten it up Christensen, the small details matter. Word gets out fast. FWIW weatherby UL bolts are clunky too…

Accidentally pressed the reply icon, but since I'm here; let me say that the bolt on my 378 Bee has a little slack in it. It also needs a new barrel so I would expect a little slack on a Japanese made rifle I bought in 1979. My new 338-378 has as much slack as the older Weatherby. The 338-378 shoots well and some times I wonder if my 378 was as lose way back then. I would still tell the OP to look at whatever caliber he likes and still look at the Weatherby.

I am a lefty that requires a left handed rifle. I currently have lefty Browning BARs (300WM and 270Win) and a Browning BLR (300WSM). I would like to get a lefty bolt action for long ranges on the range but that would also be a good hunting rifle.
I would use the rifle for Muleys and smaller. I am thinking 6.5 Creedmore or 6.5 PRC (although I wonder if 6.5 PRC is to much overlap with my 270win?). Generally I have always looked at rifles as a pure tool, always hit what I aim at with what I have. So this is a new direction for me.

Given the relatively low number of options I am thinking Christensen Arms Ridgeline or Ridgeline titanium, Weatherby Mark V Apex or Fierce Carbon Edge? With Fierce is there enough of a difference in performance between the Rival 2 lug action and the Triad 3 lug action that I should spec one over the other?

All thoughts are welcome on the three makers I am thinking about or others in the same price range I should consider? Ideally I would like to keep rifle and optics to no more than $5k.

Over the years I've had quite a number of different firearm makers - some very good and others "never again!"

As the shadows grow longer on me I narrow my choices on many of life's matters so long term quality is paramount to this good ol' boy. The Weatherby family and their time tested guns have never failed me, sometimes in pulse pounding situations! The Weatherby rock solid life brand is transmitted to the high quality of made in the USA precision firearms and ammo as only the best will do. Guns of beauty, grace, and perfection, 54 degree bolt lifts, balance, etc., - no wonder John Wayne and many others treasured these firearms.

Is there anything that underlines 'American..' more than the brand - Weatherby Arms..!!!

Thank You Gentlemen & Ladies.

I am a lefty that requires a left handed rifle. I currently have lefty Browning BARs (300WM and 270Win) and a Browning BLR (300WSM). I would like to get a lefty bolt action for long ranges on the range but that would also be a good hunting rifle.
I would use the rifle for Muleys and smaller. I am thinking 6.5 Creedmore or 6.5 PRC (although I wonder if 6.5 PRC is to much overlap with my 270win?). Generally I have always looked at rifles as a pure tool, always hit what I aim at with what I have. So this is a new direction for me.

Given the relatively low number of options I am thinking Christensen Arms Ridgeline or Ridgeline titanium, Weatherby Mark V Apex or Fierce Carbon Edge? With Fierce is there enough of a difference in performance between the Rival 2 lug action and the Triad 3 lug action that I should spec one over the other?

All thoughts are welcome on the three makers I am thinking about or others in the same price range I should consider? Ideally I would like to keep rifle and optics to no more than $5k.
Fierce Carbon Edge is built off a Sako 85 style action; Rival is off Rem 700 action…personally prefer the Edge/Fury with the sako action / lower bolt throw.

A more than reasonable post IMO. If someone has a bad experience with a particular gun, or anything else for that matter, I can wholeheartedly understand their personal dissatisfaction and the expression thereof. Having said that, the practice of condemning an ENTIRE brand based on a miniscule, personal example has always amused me. An example is I personally will not buy another Jeep product based on my personal negative experience. Am I going to say something to the effect of, " ALL Jeeps are junk! " Nope. I don`t have experience with all Jeeps and I`m sure that there are those who would drive nothing else.

Hello Partners - I'm back after a L4/L5 back operation in late Jan of this year. On lefty hunting rifles, a fella may wish to look up & have a gander at what famed sportsman Craig Boddington totes afield, nationally and internationally. I always appreciate what he and his family are shooting, pursuing, and where too.

Up here in Cow Country Alberta - one of my draws came thru close to home for cow elk. They're busting up the new hay piles near as soon as the hay is put up. Intend to donate about half of this harvest to the Mustard Seed Ministry so their native guests can have a good wild game supper in the fall. Hopefully, I can pick out a dry cow, it's really good eating!

Good Luck all this Sept, Oct, Nov 2023!

I have decided to go custom. What the heck, why not.
After years of shooting factory guns I have decided what the heck and now have in process a semi-custom 300 win and one full custom 6.5PRC.
Excellent! I started DIY semi-custom rifles 20+ years ago before going full custom wildcat builds. Good luck and have fun.