New Remington Steel loads

Greg Duerr

Has anyone used the New Remington Sonic velocity steel loads...... I saw that the listed velocity is 1700 fps with 1 1/4 oz loads.....................Sounds like a winner.

I use to load 1 1/8th oz steel loads that has a veloctiy of 1710 and they worked super for ducks.

I also heard that they were coming out with a hyper velocity load for the 20ga.

G

I've used it for geese. works great early in the season, when birds are "dumb" no lead required to make good hits, BUT it dumps speed FAST !
not to good later when birds want to hang up farther out.

dont do it its trap hyersteel sucks it has a ton of recoil and it doent pattern worth a crap most of the time it only gets 25% or less of the payload to paper at 40yds and seen just about any thing and every thing pettern better than that stuff even the 10 doller a box stuff so i was you i would go out and pattern your gun and see that its doin with the cheap stuff

I found that i can miss with those as well as i can any other load. I didn't kill better or more birds than with regular loads.

If i can find them ill shoot them all day long. But the problem is that no one around where i live knows what to order the right shells for waterfowl. we do a lot of hunting over decoys and 4shot works perfect. the 1700fps does wonders IMO.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts