New reloading room!! Ideas???

codyadams

So I just moved into a bigger house, and FINALLY have a pretty good sized reloading room all to myself, so I want to make it awesome. Here are some of my ideas...

Paint the concrete floor to look like the Manners Elite Tactical Midnight camo or...

Paint the floor a solid color, and put some vinyl floor stickers of different emblems, Berger, Hornady, Hogdons, Lapua, ect...

Bench will be on 2 walls, the braces will angle to the wall, leaving room for my feet underneath.

Going to use pegboard and shelves for storage, don't really want to use cabinets or drawers, I like to see my stuff.

Anybody got any cool/nifty ideas for an awesome oasis of a man cave called a reloading room? I'm all ears, this is going to be a really fun project for my, and the pride and joh of my new house. Thanks all!!!

I built my benches with 1' of solid 2*4's on edge for the front edge. That way you can mount presses and vises anywhere. There are rail systems that screw to the wall that hold bins. I find that more effective than peg board.

It has been awhile now but there's a member here that his reloading room is set-up where he can shoot IIRC to 600 yards (work in progress for longer at the time) from his reloading room. Hopefully, he'll chime in.

Another member had a wife approved modular reloading furniture that was very cool.

I'm sure if you do a custom search reloading table, you'll find both of the above.

Cheers!

Ed

Congrats on the new place and extra real estate for a man cave.
First off you'll need a dog and a spitune, extra bar stools for the buddies to sit and tell lies.
we can go anywhere from there.

Reloading Benches on the walls. Strong, strong, strong.

Island workbench with rifle vise/cradle or 2 for cleaning. Maybe a barrel vise.

Power strip lining the benches back wall.

Power to the island.

Dust removal system/air cleaner. I do not vibratory tumble indoors. I do wet tumble indoors.

If you can fit it, a sink with a cover.

Music system. Clock so you know when you've been in there too long and stay anyway.

Congrats on the new place and extra real estate for a man cave.
First off you'll need a dog and a spitune, extra bar stools for the buddies to sit and tell lies.
we can go anywhere from there.

Well, at least I have the dog covered!!!

Attachments

• 20140518_194006.jpg
    20140518_194006.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 20
I was limited on space so I went this route for a bench, Works Great, & it can be moved. 2-pc (top cabinet, bottom bench)
bench plans can be downloaded from the National Reloading Manufacturers Association.
I have a couple friends that have these set-up a bit different, without doors, or configured slightly different. I like the doors on the cabinet, helps curb the curious little hands a bit. One guy uses 2 benches, one without a top cabinet as a work island. I use this & have a computer desk for other task, & set up a folding table when tumbling brass, or coating bullets. also a small 2 drawer lockable file cabinet that houses powder, & brass.

Enjoy your Cave.

IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

Fine looking hound Cody. Does she hunt?

Yup, he's my waterfowl dog, a chessie. He has quite a personality and is sometimes too smart for his own good ha ha, but he is a wonderful hunting dog, and my father treats him like a grandson, even calls him his "grand dog", it's quite comical ha ha

Attachments

• 20140725_184848.jpg
    20140725_184848.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 17
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.