New reloading room

RDM416

About 6 months ago we moved into the new house that I spent the previous 18 months building. I am not generally a show-off but I can't help myself on this one. We built a full basement, part garage/workshop. The remainder is my reloading room, office and a lodge style living room/kitchen with two bunkrooms, we use this area for guests and for my hunting buddies to stay during deer and turkey season. I am very fortunate and blessed to have this place to enjoy. I hope you will forgive me being a show-off just this once. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That's alot nicer and cleaner than mine. But then again if it's not laying on the table I can't find it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looks good

beatiful setup, I too am jealous. Someday I will get mine set up the way I want it, but until then, my cobbled up mess will have to due.

Dan

Now there's a man with WAY too much time and talent on his hands /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

alg,

The benchtop is two layers of 3/4 plywood glued and screwed together, then formica over that.

As far as it being tidy......you should have seen it two days ago! We are hosting the first of 3 family and church Christmas parties starting in about an hour. I have spent the last two days cleaning up and organizing. That is why I took the pictures today. The reloading room and my office may never look that tidy again!

Beautifully Done! I am almost there, certainly not as expansive, but will be mine. Again Gorgeous room you have there!

I must ask regarding the wood used on the wall. While it appears most of it is either knotty pine or a light cedar, what exactly is on the walls by the Ram & Goat mount?

I am looking at using Basswood to finish my basement, but I really like the looks of the Ram/Goat wall..

Rod

Nodak,

The wood in the reloading room is eastern red cedar or sometimes called aromatic red cedar.

The wood in the room with the sheep and goat mounts is 100+ year old pine barnwood salvaged from a barn on my property.

RDM,

Thanks. Yep, I am still mad at my Dad for "torching" the old grainery, had that kinda lumber in it.

But again, that is just flippin gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing..

Rod

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.