New RCBS ROCKCHUCKER PRESS

Ian M

They are introducing a revised press with a bigger stroke for you guys that crank Lapuas and longer. About 4" stroke I believe.
Hard to improve on a Rockchucker.

Yup, trying to catch the RUM crowd. Smart. My old Rockchucker wouldn't seat long bullets in RUMs - the frame opening was too short. I guess they listened, heard, & acted!

RCBS used to make a press called BIG MAX it has 4.90 in stroke with a big D handle.
Crow Mag

Isn't it also RCBS who makes the Ammo-Master press. The opening on that is HUGE. Like over 5" I think.

I believe that the Rockchucker is discontinued in favor of the new Rockchucker Supreme so it will be available thru any reloading suppliers - not that there are many left up here...
I have the press release, says the stroke is over 4" and it is also sold in a Master Reloading Kit with scale, measure, block, primer tray etc.
Looks like a nice press. I use the Pro-2000 for all the .308 ammo we shoot, it is a very good machine.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.