New project Remington 700

ADLs have magazines, BDLs do not have magazines.
I have VX2 with 2 piece bases on my BDL, 30-06, fits fine no problem at all loading from top.

Both ADL and BDL have a magazine box! ADL box is taller than a BDL.

Looks I don't even know what gun I have. I thought the BDL had the blind magazine.

The ADL was the low end model, but the old ones are smoother then what you see in the higher end one now.

Model 700 BDL is fit with a hinged floor plate or detachable magazine (DM) that allows the shooter to unload ammunition through the bottom of the rifle by opening the floor plate or removing the magazine. The Model 700 ADL uses a blind magazine and can only be unloaded through the top by working the bolt open and closed.

From the pattern of stamped checkering, dates it to the 1970's or early 80's.
The wood or composite that covers the bottom of the magazine area makes for a more stable/stronger stock. Loading and unloading is a little unhandy.

Few Questions.

1. Does it have the trigger that locks the bolt, ON SAFETY ?
You may want to have this changed, so bolt can be operated while the trigger safety is on.

2. Have you changed the Firing Pin Spring ?
This rifle being 30 to 40 years old, I have had to replace old Rem. 722 and 700 rifles Firing Pin Springs to get good accuracy from them.

3. What type of scope covers are you using?
I suggest you have your scope high enough off the barrel to allow your choice of scope covers to got on the Objective End. Snow is something to expect in the high country Elk Hunting.

You can email remington your serial number and they will give you age. Probably sites too.

Never considered the firing pin spring. Glad i read this. Mine is 40 years old. So far so good though. But may look into this.

My 70s 700 you can operate the bolt on safety. My 2000s savage has 3 posistion safety, which I am not big on. Not sure what the bolt has to do with safety.

What do you like for scope covers? The Leupold sure seem pricey.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts