New press opinions

Not bashing Lee products. They have served me well and still use a great deal of them. I simply believe there are better products in the press arena. That said, they have always made good when I've had a problem. It just sucks if you don't have a backup when it breaks and have to wait for replacement. I think it was gingerman that had a broken press toggle recently.

Any opinions on the Frankford Arsenal F-1?
Frankford Arsenal has had some innovative offerings in the last few years in the reloading world. End-users have some loyalty to specific brands and experiences, and there will always be pros and cons to any product but it boils down to the end-user's budget and preference. IMHO, it is a good buy for its price point; however, the final decision is yours.

Good luck and happy safe reloading.

Not bashing Lee products. They have served me well and still use a great deal of them. I simply believe there are better products in the press arena. That said, they have always made good when I've had a problem. It just sucks if you don't have a backup when it breaks and have to wait for replacement. I think it was gingerman that had a broken press toggle recently.
It was Gingerman ant it was an RCBS press

My only pet peeve with the rock chucker is the spent primer catcher. It sucks. The rebel looks good though.
If that is all your issue, ebay has quite a few spent primer upgrade kits.

1690058455328.png

Last edited:
I've done well with a single stage Rock chucker for rifle. It's no speed Demon.
Same here. I even have a Lee handheld for decapping outside the house. Then I'll bump the shoulder with the Rock Chucker and seat bullets using the Lee handheld. Not because it's better, I just have limited space right now. That accounted for all my LR loads for the past decade.

Same here. I even have a Lee handheld for decapping outside the house. Then I'll bump the shoulder with the Rock Chucker and seat bullets using the Lee handheld. Not because it's better, I just have limited space right now. That accounted for all my LR loads for the past decade.
I prime with the rock chucker too. I can tell when pockets are tight or loose, so I'm good with it.