New powders looking promising!

For staball match:

"This powder provides optimal loading density in cartridges appropriate for the burn speed, which is ideal for high-BC heavy for caliber bullets in 223 Remington, 224 Valkyrie, 22-250 Remington, 308 Winchester, 30-06 and many more."

Interesting. I wouldn't expect to use the same powder for a high BC bullet load between the 223, 22-250, 308, and 30-06.

I "suspect" that Staball Match will provide "Varget +" speeds similar to how Staball 65 provides "H4350+" speeds. Pure conjecture and look forward to trying the theory. I am very pleased with Staball 65 as H4350 alternative as stated earlier it works great as a target load alternative for 65CM/260 or I can get more velocity in 65CM/260 for hunting loads with 130 Bergers, etc.

Last edited:
I have looked that them too. They are double base powders. So the heat does effect the powder. Not knowing where you are from. It may not effect you or your loads that much. I have an 8# of one type of enduron powder. Can't tell you off hand the number is, in hast to have some other types of powder on hand. I got a bottle. I was going to get the other Enduron powders, but they never showed up. Now I know why. To Bad. Sure was a short rope.

Last edited:
What is sad about the Goex plant is it was the LAST black powder manufacturing plant in the USA. So no more Goex but Hodgdon buys Western including Blackhorn 209.......at $77.99 at MidwayUSA for 8 lousy oz. PV has it for $69 as well. so $138/lb. Thank you Hodgdon!

Company that builds solid rocket motors for modelers, Estes, picked up Goex. Thankfully!