New Old Guy

Welcome from a fairly old guy from Wyoming. We're still getting a few snow day here. It's snowed 3 or 4 times in this town on July 4th. And wind ! 🙄I have an x mother in law that lives in Lynchburg. Jack Daniels . You know 😉 don't be a stranger !
I appreciate it. I'm a tad familiar with the snow since we usually get one a year in last week December or first week in January. However, I'm very familiar with the wind and Jack. Wind blowing you can't shoot so you gotta find something else to do right. Shake hands with Mr Daniels.

And even more when you count those of us that escaped, but now regret living in Colofornia.
I escaped Kommiefornia . I'll never go back. Rather die old and poor here. My son is in Co. Sprigs. at Peterson Air Base. A red city in a blue state. A lot of red in North Calif. also.

300WSMGUY wind blew hard last 4 days here. Last night I herd a strange noice . Got up at 12:30 am and let dogs out. The wind was blowing so hard the dogs didn't want to go out. Get 50 to 90 mph winds often. They say wind blows a lot in eastern Wy... I know it does but it does in western Wy. also. Maybe not as may days but just as hard. I'd never live in Cheyenne. My x wife was just in Tn. at her mom's last week and sent me pics. Beautiful and green. Whitetail feeding in yard. Here mule deer all over town. Lawn rats. They've been doing a cull on them for last 3 years. Last year bucks also. I don't mind them. Except in garden. Use liquid fence . It works !

Last edited:
I escaped Kommiefornia . I'll never go back. Rather die old and poor here. My son is in Co. Sprigs. at Peterson Air Base. A red city in a blue state. A lot of red in North Calif.

300WSMGUY wind blew hard last 4 days here. Last night I herd a strange noice . Got up at 12:30 am and let dogs out. The wind was blowing so hard the dogs didn't want to go out. Get 50 to 90 mph winds often. They say wind blows a lot in eastern Wy... I know it does but it does in western Wy. also. Maybe not as may days but just as hard. I'd never live in Cheyenne. My x wife was just in Tn. at her mom's last week and sent me pics. Beautiful and green. Whitetail feeding in yard. Here mule deer all of town. Lawn rats. They've been doing a cull on them for last 3 years. Last year bucks also. I don't mind them. Except in garden. Use liquid fence . It works !
Know Peterson 'Space Force Base' (aka Pete Field) well. The last stop on my 21-year high school senior trip was at Cheyenne Mountain Air Station. Wife wanted to go back to Texas and I wanted to go back to Alaska, so we stayed here. Should have went back to AK. Family now all around Buffalo, Wy, but I've spent more time around Rawlins.
Thanks to your son for his service.

Know Peterson 'Space Force Base' (aka Pete Field) well. The last stop on my 21-year high school senior trip was at Cheyenne Mountain Air Station. Wife wanted to go back to Texas and I wanted to go back to Alaska, so we stayed here. Should have went back to AK. Family now all around Buffalo, Wy, but I've spent more time around Rawlins.
Have you kept up on the four Missouri hunters and corner crossing ? Billionaire south Carolina Eschelman block access to BLM and Nat. Forest if not check out WyoFile.com or let me know .

My son has told me about space force. A lot of people moved there cause of. I'm sure Biden has shut that down along with everything else . Diesel here in Wy. $5.69 !!!!!

Last edited:
Hello to everybody!
I've been lurking here for about a year, there abouts, and wanted to just say thanks for the Possum Hollow recommendation. I was having difficulties finding a bore guide for my 1/7 twist Barrett Fieldcraft. I found many recommendations for Possum Hollow so I called. Twice. No voice mail so I emailed then late one evening. The next morning I received a email from Rhys saying yes they make one that will fit. I went to the website but couldn't find it to order. I called again. Sent another email explaining my dilemma. Eric called me back and told me he didn't setup his voicemail because all he'd be doing is answering the phone. He took my order and I received it today. I couldn't be more satisfied with the service. He is an absolute gentleman and makes a great product. I will always buy from him because his service/ product is outstanding.
Sorry for rambling but I just wanted to say "hello" from Texas and thanks for the recommendation. I love the forum, even though I'm not capable of y'all's feats. I really enjoy the honesty, no bashing conversations found here. It's nice to read what is capable with young eyes and technologies. Also, thanks for recommending Hammers too.
Thanks again!
Welcome! I am a TX transplant via Wyoming, Kansas, Colorado, and California. Been here 27 years now, and not planning on leaving anytime soon! We are neighbors - I am in Parker County.

Len has a great site here with a lot of great folks (and a few that will eventually get there:) When I started stalking this site, the longest shot I'd ever made on a game animal was just over 300 yards. Now, my favorite pastime is shooting steel out to 1000, and a 500 yard shot on game seems like a chip shot if the conditions and set up are favorable. My father in law, who just passed from Pancreatic cancer, hit steel on his second shot at a thousand yards several months ago. He was 79 and in very poor health (he had gone from 270 ish down to 137 lbs) when he accomplished it. So the moral of this story is: we're never too old to improve our skills and have fun shooting long!!

Impressive! What bullet and powder were you using on that load? Thanks
image.jpg