New old bullet

I've had good results with core lokts in both terminal and accuracy performance. The jackets were thin and the lead isn't overly hard, which is what I like.

I shoot old core-lokt psp's in 25-06 no 1. Accuracy is plenty good for me. My final load is running about 2950ish and grouping <1". Ran it through my milk jug test, and found it in the 4th jug @ 100yds, and retained 87% weight from 120 gr bullet. I like em.

SST 's with green tips and inflated price???
I'd say the CL holds together better than SST.. maybe halfway between the SST and Partition. But they do mention "rapid expansion" in the article, so that is a little concerning. I've had very good accuracy from SSTs, but I don't prefer them for game. Hopefully these hold together better like the older CL.

That tip is an expensive little bit of plastic. The tipped CLs are $20 more per box than the regular CLs. Curious to see how many people think it's worth the price.

Im just surprised they say the initial offering are for the most popular calibers for white tail and they offer it in the old forgotten 280

I compared the 7mmRM 150 grain to Federals Ballistic Tip offering of the same weight. The BC is .530 vs .495 in favor of the Remington. Remington also wins in published velocity - 3130 vs 3025. In my experience their published velocities are significantly overstated, so that's probably a wash. Remington is also a fair bit cheaper.

With some quality control, this might be a solid factory loaded option.

Last edited:
Many times around 30 years ago, brass was so expensive here that a lot of my buddies and I would buy Remington Core-Lokt for our rifles just to get the brass.
I would hunt deer with mine in both my 25-06 and 300WM. Also bought Winchester ammo for the same reason. The Winnie 180g Power Points were ATROCIOUS on animals, they would explode on shoulders inside of 50yrds…..not the same weight core lokt, they always exited except at longer ranges.
I really liked them and that's what I bought for my Dad when I built a Ruger M77 Tang Safety in 270 for him, 130g Core Lokts, killed everything dead for him.

Seems everyone is getting on the band wagon with tipped bullets…..

Cheers.