New Nosler Accubonds for 2006

300winnie

Just got my new Eastman's journal and the Nosler add had the new for 2006 line up:

.308 - 165 grain Accubond
.338 - 200 grain Accubond

I like the 165 .308 idea, but I hope they used the 168 design for its better BC. They went the wrong way with the .338 200 gr. They were supposed to make a 250 or 260 gr .338. Maybe they will realize their mistake and give us a midyear entry.

sewwhat89,
Thanks for the news. I have to wonder too about their choice of weights. Could it be that they lack confidence in this bullet with regard to dangerous game? Seems they avoid the heavier weights in the Accubond line in favor of the Partition. Why then do they offer the .30 cal. 200 gr.? It looks like they are saying these bullets are fine up to elk and moose but for brown bears and such, go with the partitions. Might be a good idea... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
festus

Just a thought, but I bet a lot more people hunt elk and moose at long range than the big bears. Since the primary advantages of the Accubond over the Partition are only seen at long range, there could be some logic here I guess.

On the other hand, I would also like to see a 250+ gr. .338 Accubond.

Good day,
Carl

Nosler has a web site, www.noslerreloading.com
They have been asking for inputs from members of their fourm for Accubond calibers and weights.
You guys should tell them what you need. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Regards,

JD338

I voted for a 6.5 140g, even though I dont have one, I will one day. I know a lot of people would appreciate it now. Also .257" 120g BT, or a .308" 220g BT or AB, 175g BT or AB in 7mm.

I second the 6.5 140 gr. Don't have the gun in my possession yet but with any luck it won't be too long before it makes its way over from Ft. Shaw.

I should go put my two cents in at Nosler's site. Nice that their bothering to solicit opinions directly from the end user.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.