Any source-Nosler Accubonds?

knc1105

I am having extreme trouble finding Accubonds. I am at my low limit and have to stop practicing if I can't find some. I got 200 gr 30 cal. at Brownells last night but cannot find 250 gr. 338 or 180 gr. 30 cal anywhere. Spent 2-hours on computer last night. Any source would be GREATLY appreciated, either here or PM. I just traded for a unmarked Kleingunther 300-Win Mag with set triggers but am really too low on bullets to start shooting it. Thanks for any help, Ken

Thanks for link, I had forgotten about them, but they are out of the 338 and 180 gr. 30 cal like everybody else. They did have the 200 gr. 30 cal if anybody is looking for their 300 RUM, Midway had those too, but I got some last night from Brownells. I wanted to buy enough to wear out the barrel, but I didn't because that is why there aren't any. Everybody is buying a lifetime supply. Thanks for the tip though, they had more Accubonds by far than any other site I saw last night.

Keep checking SWH online, I bought 3-boxxes of 180's today at lunch and the shelf was full. I guess people don't want to buy them or too expensive? Oh well, good luck!

Livtoohunt, I owe you. I checked again at Sportsman Warehouse.com and they were out but I started calling individual stores with their part number and Loveland Colorado had 7-boxes of the 30 cal. 180 gr. Accubond. I paid for them and they'll ship them Monday. LRH is a great site with great people, thank you! I would not have looked there on my own. What I just traded for that I want to shoot is a unmarked Kleinguenther K-15 Improved in 300 Win Mag with a 26" barrel made in Germany. A buddy that owned it won a 500 meter Benchrest Match with it when he was stationed in Germany and it is a hunter weight/profile rifle that he said would shoot a 1/8th MOA out of a sled. It has set triggers 3-1/2 lb without using the set and 4-ounces when set. It's pillar bedded. I'm getting a brake and a new kick pad put on it. Thanks Again, ken

My pleasure to help! I found an 8-lb keg as well of H1000, just loaded 78,79,80 grs with 180NP, 180 NAB, 78-grs and 200 NAB. That is a full case shoving those long rockets in! H4831sc or H1000 will have to get it done!

I went to their website and used the store locator button and then just started calling individual stores till I found them. Paid them with a credit card and they'll ship Monday. But if you ship powder you have to buy alot to absorb the hazmat fee. But in this climate and scarcity of stuff who cares. I'm just glad I found some, 7-boxes is only 350-rounds but it's enough to work up a load, practice at different distances, get my scope dope for that rifle and still have some left to hunt. I have rationed myself till further notice------I do not want to get any lower than I am right now on components. So if I find some I can shoot, if not, it's hunting only---no meat no shoot. Thanks Again for the tip. ken

Kaseyfied, thanks for such a generous offer. I am going thru the calling store thing to find some of the 338 250 gr and hopefully I can find some. If I can't I'll pay dearly for a box or partial box to check my ballistics program. That offer is beyond the call of duty. ken

Livtoohunt, thanks again for that source----again----I just got .338 Accubonds coming from them. And OH by the way that unmarked K-15 Improved shot a .062" group and a .067" group with those 180 gr. Accubonds you helped me find. We threaded the barrel and installed a brake and fire-lapped the barrel but with a 4 oz. set trigger in a lead sled at a 100-yard indoor range in laboratory conditions it was incredible. I have had the pad fitted since these pictures were taken, and I found a new 3" shade for that NOS Burris Euro Diamond scope (2.5-10x50mm Illuminated Ballistic Plex) I was just anxious to shoot it. If I can figure out how to post pics I will. Thanks Again, Ken

Attachments

• Titan II + group-3-6-13.jpg
    Titan II + group-3-6-13.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Titan II group 3-6-13.jpg
    Titan II group 3-6-13.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 49
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.